Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

want to incorporate more garlic in my diet

mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

because i'm not eating much of it at all now

so i need some recipes to try out

how do you get your garlic?

i'd prefer something simple with few ingredients so that i could make and eat it regularly

must be 100% raw, no tomatoes, no oil, and must taste good

Comments

• leahcelesteleahceleste Raw Newbie

green soups, or blender soups are great to add garlic to. Also I love to make guacamole and add pressed clove of garlic. For my easy blender soups I do:

few tomatoes (here you have to substitute)

2 carrots

1/2 cucumber

head of romaine lettuce

Sometimes I just eat like this or you can add:

garlic

salt

spices, like cumin

pepper

Nut/seed pates would be the other thing that I add garlic to. I also made noodles with butternut squash and puts lots of garlic on that.

• i would like to get garlic into my diet as well but i cant stand raw garlic in any recipe for some reason.

• I add tons of raw garlic (that I smash with a special stone I have just for the purpose) to salad dressings of all kinds. Makes them even yummier. I didn't realize how overboard I'd gone till I heard the comments of a non raw friend who I had over for lunch. I guess it's not everyone's "cup of tea" but I love the taste of raw garlic!!

• i eat a few cloves of garlic everyday. i make it in guacamole or crush some on top of my daily salad.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

Kelly- I remember you saying something about eating potatoes for digestive health. Can you elaborate on that? I'm very interested.

Thanks so much!!!

-Z

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

My husband and I just pop a clove in our mouth in the mornings and then just chase it with a smoothies or something. then it is done. I dont do a whole lot of reciepes in the truck to much so that is how we get it in.

• In a similar vein, I love LOVE garlic! I will eat it just with some avocado and tomato (sorry, I know you said no tomatoes... just sharing) alternating bites of everything.

My question is, are the social consequences of eating raw garlic at all preventable?! I'd love to be able to eat all of my garlic and not offend the noses of my friends... Any solutions? Thanks!!

• zinfandel- here's some information on the healing properties of raw potatoes. i pulled it from a few articles. there's also a good book that i first heard this from "the acid-alkaline balance diet." this link has the best inormation on the healing properties of raw potato.

http://books.google.com/books?id=rdcZpgEATiYC&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=raw+potatoes+for+digestive+health&source=web&ots=inkNb16_NI&sig=dLb6XbUusChbVA6b36WIuhcPDOE&hl=en&ei=ZdCZScrPIIHwsAOb29mBAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result#PPA44,M1

(look at pages 44-47)

It dissolves away uric acid and lime. It is also important in preventing the fermentative process in intestine and it helps the growth of friendly bacteria in the digestive tract.

Raw potato juice is valuable in stomach and intestinal disorders. Stomach ulcers are treated with the juice of pink potatoes. Potato juice also relieves gastritis. The recommended dose is half a cupful two or three times half an hour before meals. Potato starch is administered as an anti- inflammatory for gastro?intestinal diseases and toxins.

Potato juice is a valuable natural remedy which can assist in improving the function of our digestive system to a great extent. It can help eliminate an acid condition in the stomach and relieve ulcer pains. For such treatment, it is recommended to use the juice of red potatoes. It is important that red potato juice should be consumed right after is it made. For making a good potato juice, red potatoes should be washed out, dried out, grated and squeezed. Also, you should never use juice of immature potatoes or the potatoes with black dots since such potatoes can contain certain toxic substances. If you mix it with carrot juice (50 g of raw potato juice and 100 g of fresh carrot juice), raw potato juice can help to calm down burning sensation and gastritis pains.

The second most valuable property of potato juice is its ability to treat rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatism, lumbago, and so on. In terms of such treatment, potato juice can be taken with various herbal teas, such as sage or nettle teas. Also, arthritis pains can be very effectively relieved by using a tea made of clean potato peels. Raw potato juice is effective for constant migraines and constipation. Finally, taken regularly on rising in the morning (or 30-20 minutes before breakfast), 100-150 g of raw potato juice can be used as a very powerful liver cleanser. Some patients reported that drinking raw potato juice assisted in relieving certain skin problems, such as eczema, skin blemishes, dry and itchy skin, and so on.

Since raw potato juice can not be considered too pleasant for drinking, it can be mixed with other juices: not only with carrot or other vegetable juices, but also with fresh lemon juice and honey. In particular, drinking raw potato juice mixed with some honey can substantially lower the risks of possible food poisoning, and also can remove the excess uric acid from the body and disinfect your bowels in a natural way. In addition, raw potato juice has very good properties and can assist in diarrhea treatment.

The juice of raw potatoes, has also proved very valuable in clearing skin blemishes. This cleansing results from high content of potassium, sulfur, phosphorus and chlorine in the potato. These elements are, however, of value only when the potato is raw as in this state they are composed of live organic atoms. In the cooked state, they are converted into inorganic atoms and are of little value for constructive purposes.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

why do you want to eat more garlic? I find it makes me stink. my husband is allergic and I have met many others who are. anyhow, i suggest small amounts. I put a bit in my flax crackers and the dehydration makes it less potent.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH KELLY! I missed that you replied until just now. I appreciate it.

• you can devein garlic, for anyone who has issue's with garlic coming "back up" in the way of air or what not. maybe this helps socially with breath as well? I use garlic in green smoothies/soups and in quick raw stir-fry's with ginger. (everything you would put in a stir fry without the fry :))

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I find I eat garlic more in the late summerfall when it is fresh and available locally (not sure if it is the freshness that makes it taste better, lol fresh as in I pulled it from the ground at farm that day, OR if it a different variety than generally found in stores). I use it then in soups, salad dressings, quac or salsa, occasionally grilled(not 100% raw, in summer I tend to go 10%-20% grilled), but it is also VERY good in pesto sauces. I have made it with lots of basil, or not so much basil and more pinenuts(depending on what the situation calls for).

I find I can only eat the raw cloves when it's very freshly picked, stuff I buy from stores goes into recipes only for me.

• mewmewmintmewmewmint Raw Newbie

ugh i don't know how people can stand to eat raw garlic by itself

also i tried to blend it up and drink it and it gave me an awful stomach ache

the reason why i wanted to eat more is because i've been having acne breakouts recently (maybe i'm detoxing) and a person told me that garlic helps with that

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

lol

I guess we just like to "get it overwith" we also take about 7 apricot seeds also except that I forgot them at home the last time we where there and wont be back for them for a while. and actually the garlic is a LOT easier to get down. best way so far with the seeds is to dip them in chocolate sauce!