Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Gabriel Cousin's Phase I Diet ????

I have been eating mostly according to this Phase I diet, and it was easy the first month. I'm just about finishing my second month, and I'm having trouble staying away from fruit. I'm tempted to eat some strawberries, since I buy them for my daughter. Honestly, this morning I really just wanted a smoothy for breakfast. Now I'm getting tempted by SAD crap, like chips and bread, when I wasn't even tempted before.

My candida is greatly improved from it, since it's spiraling out of control when I was eating 80/10/10... but it isn't gone yet. I had planned on doing the Phase I for at least another month, maybe even two. But now I'm considering adding a small amount of berries to my diet; but I don't want to ruin the balance that I'm so close to achieving!

So, I guess I'm wondering how long some of you have tried eating according to the Phase I? should I just tough it out for another month, or should I start eating a few berries and low sugar fruits? I really miss smoothies! Oh, and does anyone have any non-sweet smoothy recipes? I couldn't find any in the recipies here that don't include nuts (my daughter is allergic to nuts, so I don't eat many nuts except some almond butter).

thanks!

Comments

• I don't follow the Phase I diet but I'm familiar with it. Since your candida has greatly improved by your own description by following it, seems like continuing it would be a good thing. It's only another few weeks.

I make non-sweet green smoothies constantly; in fact, I never make sweet green smoothies. I guess you could say mine are blended salads:

2 c. water

Spinach/romaine/kale/collards/bok choy etc. etc. (some or all)

Herbs (I use basil, parsley and cilantro--a big handful of each)

Sprouts (I use green pea sprouts/alfalfa/broccoli--a big handful of each)

Tomato (I generally use 1 roma tomato)

Avocado (I use 1/2)

Cucumber (I use 1/2)

Garlic

Pepper (like 1/2 a jalapeno; you can leave this out, or substitute ginger, or not add either one)

A bit of celtic sea salt (you can leave this out)

I have these daily and love them. No nuts, no fruit.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

Your Candida really got worse after being on 811? I am really surprised by this.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I wasn't able to stick with Phase 1 very long - only about 3 weeks. I'm very glad to hear that you're finding success with it! I think part of the problem I had is that I wasn't getting enough calories, and the other part was probably due to boredom from lack of recipe ideas - which is also probably why I wasn't getting enough calories. ;) I can't tell you what's best for you as far as eating fruit or sticking with it longer. There may be nutritional deficiencies if you're craving cooked foods, though - be sure you're using as much variety as possible, and maybe add some nuts to YOUR diet, even if your daughter can't eat them. Sunflower seeds could be a good replacement for nuts in the recipes you share with her.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

tweeking phase one diet. I was on it for about 5 months. Put Stevia on the sour (white) grapefruit, Granny Smith apples, limes, lemons and raspberries. Also, would have straw berries if they were sour. I did well with all problems when on this.

I did eat a lot of his crackers and tomato soup. yum Staying with his program but getting other recipes (especially veg. soups) kept me going. Can you use his buckwheat recipes? As you don't eat nuts what about replacing them with soaked Kamut, and you didn't mention seeds.

My words of wisdom..... You made it to eating raw, you can make it through this. Just do it. Whats a month or two out of the rest of your life.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I don't knowanything about the diet, but found a recipe here a few days ago for nut milk using jicama juice. So, I juiced a jicama. It was so sweet, I was surprised. I have started using the juice in any recipe that called for water and some sort of sweetner (agave, dates, etc). That might help with fruit cravings, assuming jicama is acceptable.

• Thanks for the tips! I'm going to definitely try that green smoothie recipe RawLibrarian, thanks!

I'm going to stick it out a bit more. I think partly I haven't been drinking enough water, and in my dehydration I'm craving juicy fruit. So I'm going to try to drink more water each day.

Also, my daughter isn't eating all raw, so I have the other food around and it gets tempting. I'm not eating any grains, but I am eating a ton of sunflower seeds and lemons. Maybe I'll get a lime to change things up a bit.

I'll give it another month, and see how I'm feeling in April.