Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Turmeric

So I've been reading all about how turmeric is one of the biggest anti-cancer superfoods out there but I'm having a slight problem - what kinds of meals can I prepare with raw turmeric powder? I've only ever really eaten turmeric in cooked foods and I'm at a total loss on how to keep it on the raw side. Any tasty recipe suggestions?

Comments

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

i make a salad dressing : oilve oil, agave, lime juice, hot peppers, and tumeric.

i also sprinkle it on my salad, and i use fresh tumeric in my veggie juices, just put some through your juicer before anything else - goes great wiht green juices and carrot.

hope this helps

• It does, those are great ideas! However I just recently read that turmeric doesn't really get absorbed by the digestive system unless it's mixed with pepper? Anyone know about this? A standard curry powder has both pepper and turmeric in it for that purpose apparently.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Ani Phyo has a spanish breakfast scramble that she uses tumeric in. If I can find the recipe I'll post it on this thread.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

It's great for cleansing/detox too. I'm not sure the powdered stuff in the spice aisle will have the same effect of the raw root (available in Asian/Indian markets). Add to juice, slice thin and drink in tea, or dice it up and add to meals.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Check out ani's video for spanish bkfast scramble on youtube and tumeric raw fresh is sooo much better than the powder

Peace