Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dandruff

ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

Since going raw I have noticed I am having issues with dandruff. I tried also to stop shampooing my hair often. My skin is also very sensitive and being its winter that could be the reson, but I cant seem to get rid of it and its driving me nuts.

Comments

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

Any remedies?

• Tea tree oil. i depend on it, especially around the time the seasons change. i like Nature's Gate- found at most health food stores- but you can do a tree oil scalp massage every so often depending on your condition.

• Natures Gate tea tree oil shampoo or straight up tea tree oil to specify on my last post.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I'm OK in the summer but when winter hits the super dry air from heat at work gets to me and my scalp gets all pealy(gross). I've cut back a lot on regular shampoos and rarely ever use conditioner anymore, but even that in winter doesn't help. Massaging your scalp with coconut oil then letting it sink in for awhile before washing your hair helps some, and I find using apple cider vinegar in a hair rinse helps as well(and once it dries there is no smell and hair is shiny and smooth). I think rosemary is also supposed to be good, but there is plenty of information on line if you look for homemade or herbs and dandruff.

Good luck

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I do not use shampoos and conditioners anymore but the dandruff being little or worse depends on what i am eating.

I do use a apple cider vinegar rinse and that works wonders. I rinse my hair pour on the acv/water mix (i do not measure just kind of pour a little in a cup and fill with water) rub a little finish showering and then rinse really well right before getting out.

• ACV works wonders! I use it on my dd when she gets an itchy scalp. I use to use 1 cup of ACV in her bath for her eczema. But when in doubt...it is always nice to find natural remedies at www.earthclinic.com The following link is a remedy for dandruff using hydrogen peroxide and ACV followed by a treatment of tea tree oil. There is also a remedy mentioned if the problem persists using aloe vera oil and tea tree oil. Also has some great advice and information.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/seborrheic_dermatitis.html

Smiles!

• I have the sammmme problem. I got some 100% apricot oil and massage just a tin bit into my scalp. I still take showers everyday, but also use the oil right after i get outta the shower. Works great for me.

• erinerin Raw Superstar

I have dandruff to and while I was visiting my naturopathic doctor the other day she noticed and said that it could be a sign of detoxification or also of candida. I believe that the true cure must come from inside, not necessarily from something that you apply outwardly. She did say that jojoba will help with it while we are dealing with the internal issues. I am currently on an anti candida diet and it is going well, so I will keep you posted to let you know if it gets rid of my dandruff as well. I can also ask her about other causes and report back. Good luck! Love!

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Erin, I agree that some comes from within but also that there is external factors. Especially this last year when I had no issues and eating same diet but when winter hit and heat at school and air is SUPER dry my scalp feels the affects no matter what I eat or how much I drink. My skin is still OK(use a coconut oil scrub) but my scalp I need to stay on top of depending on outside factors. Good luck with jojoba oil, it is one I found I can't use(got hives and redness last 3 times) but almond and coconut oil have worked pretty well instead.