Bloating and High Fruit Diets

Hi Everyone!

I have gone SIMPLE raw and eat mono fruit meals as I can which has been great for 1. digestion 2. respect and appreciation for individual food items 3. feeling like what I call "eating like Eden" I am amazed to see how much fruit others can fit into one meal. I have a smaller stomach and some GI problems so I can only fit smaller mono meals in at once or I bloat up big time. I'm wondering if anyone else goes through bloating from high fruit diets or went through a period of this when transitioning over and had to let the body adjust in it's own timing? How did you deal with or work around the bloating? For me, I know that the higher the water content the less I can fit in one meal since liquid expans more than solid - example: watermelon verse bananas. I also try to stick with the more calorically dense fruit as I need to gain weight ... but could do without any additional bloating! Papaya of all things has been looking like a papaya pregnacy! Tell me I'm not the only one, please?

Missed you all.

Pink TuTu Twirls,

Johnny

Comments

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Trust me, you are not the only one. Many people with compromised digestion still have some trouble when first eating so much fruit in one sitting.

While my digestion was noticeably better in the beginning, it still wasn't perfect. I didn't experience the 3 times a day elimination that I expected (more like once a day and not very satisfying). I sometimes felt a little boated and had some gas. Like you, I stayed away from very juicy fruits like melons because they gave me the dreaded "melon belly."

Anyway, after a month or so all my digestion and bloating troubles were gone and they haven't returned (this was well over a year ago). :)

• definitely not the only one! i'm the same way. my bloating has improved after the last couple months, so i think it'll just keep getting better.

probably our systems are just a tender due to the digestion problems and need time to adjust to all the fruit.

best of luck :)