Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Spring Cleaning!!!

So I don't know about all of you, but with this fresh spring air coming about in NYC (slowly but surely) I feel the need to do a little spring cleaning in my system!! I'm looking at starting a bit of a master cleanse with some green smoothies incorporated beginning on April 9th. I would love to have some other lovely people along on the ride to cheer eachother on. If you are interested let me know! Doesn't matter what your cleanse of choice is juice feast, fruit, master cleanse, smoothies, Come One Come All! Let's open the doors to spring together and greet it with beautiful glowing skin! Post if you want to join!

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i've never done a green smoothie cleanse but that sounds fun and less difficult than the master cleanse!!! i'll definitely do it. how long do you want to go for?? i can probably only do it 9, 10, and 11 because the 12th is Easter and my mom will kill me if I'm running the blender while the family is over.

• joanna so great to have you on board! Yes I definitely understand the wrath of mothers on holidays! I'm going to go for a full 10 days and shoot for 14 but depending on how I feel I may just stop at 10. I would love to have you along for as long as you wish! We can post to each other to keep us happy and going strong!

Also the great thing about cleansing is it gives you so much extra time to do other things that have been neglected. I spend so much time in the kitchen preparing foods that it might be a good idea to take a break and get some other things done for a change!

My plan is going to be the lemon juice until Sunday and then start incorporating morning or evening green smoothies of any variety. My absolute favorite is just bananas and green spinach. YUM YUM.

I'm also going to take an evening Epsom salt bath to treat myself to some extra relaxation. And I may begin some oil pulling instead of my usual toothpaste and mouthwash (I still haven't found a natural kind that I like). A tongue scraper is also a good idea during cleansing.

I'm going to shoot for about 1hr of yoga or other type of light exercise per day just to keep my muscles moving.

Let me know what your plans are!

• hey joannabanana and all others! today I finished day one of the MC. I hope you are doing well on your path to spring cleaning. Not such a bad day except I had to keep myself really busy to stay out of the kitchen and get food off the brain. I also took a huuuge nap in the middle of the day as I was reallly tired. Just gotta get through day 3 and then it is smooth sailing from there on!

• Hey i have a question about the juice fast... Could i be able to do that and be playing a 80 min soccer game just about every day of the week im doing it. Or will my energy be low and things like that, because i really need to clean my system and get rid of all the addictions i've redeveloped since we stopped vegan because im determined to start again.

• It's hard to tell lisa. People respond to cleansing very differently. I'd say that most people experience detox symptoms that include headaches, tiredness, and sluggishness. These don't really seem to mesh with soccer, however, there may also be days where you are so energetic that you won't even begin to run out of energy even after the game. If it is your first experience with cleansing, I would wait until you have a bit of time off to at least get through the first three days. Take it easy and listen to your body!

• hello!!!

i've been feeling the urge to do some spring cleaning myself, and i'd love to be a part of this thread.

i'm on day 2 of my master cleanse. i actually did a water fast for day 1, and ended up taking a long nap in the middle of the day too. so today i started on lemonade so i can actually get some work done. i was going to try to do water only on the days i didn't have to be somewhere, but since i work from home so much, i think i'm going to stay on the lemonade to be more energized and productive. i'm looking forward to getting through day 3 also for much smoother sailing! i am feeling pretty good right now though!

how's everyone else feeling?

• Yes i've done a week of cleansing last summer because i had no sports or anything. So i guess i'll just play it safe and wait till after my season is over =/

Thanx

• Oooo how's it going? I did a 10-day MC back in September and felt amazing afterward! Unfortunately my schedule won't allow me to do another cleanse until this summer. I'm thinking of doing a (minimum) 10-day juice fast in June and in two weeks I'm going to do a short 5-day juice fast but good luck with everyone who is fasting now and keep on with the updates (or if you have blogs) because it's inspiring for the rest of us as well :)

Happy spring cleaning!

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I am going to do one later this week since I'm on vacation and it will be easy enough to do it while at home. In the meantime eating healthier with more liquids than meals, and all whole foods when I do eat(even did well for Easter lunch we had out). I find if I'm eating healthy and then do a cleanse(in my case will be juice/smooties all the way) then I have few detox problems. This summer I plan on doing it for 10 days but for now will aim for 4, the last time I did one it was able to really get me back on track eating healthy again. I still have been better since that last cleanse, but find my biggest problems are at school when I go long times or get stressed.

• I completely agree blueyz! I always find myself getting off track when I get stressed. So far so good on the cleanse. I started adding in green smoothies today because I wanted to have a little easter treat! After next week I'll start working in whole fruits and then some greens. I already feel so much more like myself. It's amazing the cloud we put ourselves under during times of stress.