Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw honey for skin

susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

Just wondering if anyone has tried using raw honey on their face to help soften and brighten the skin?

Susan

Comments

• Yep. Been washing my face with it for about 8 or 9 months now. Then I apply either Jojoba oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil. Sometimes, I'll put the honey on while soaking in the bathtub. My skin is always so soft after that.

My skin never looked better. And I'm 54, and used to be a skin care junkie (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, exfoliater, anti-aging serums, etc., etc., etc.).

I just recently started using a little aloe vera gel from time to time. Seems like it helps tone and tighten.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

raw joy, do you let the aloe vera gel stay on your face?? i put it on my face for 10 minutes once and when i washed it off, my entire face was swollen, burning, and red. i've never seen it look worse. i don't know if you can be allergic to it or not, but my skin definitely didn't like it.

as for the honey, i've made honey masks where i mix honey and oats together. my skin feels amazing afterwards.

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

Thanks! I think I'll try it soon! I used to love to break off aloe vera at my grandparents house when I was a kid, but I've never thought of putting it on my face! Will try that too! :)

• I thought I'd try the aloe vera because I heard it makes a great toner, and will tighten the skin. When I leave it on exclusively, it seems like it dries my face out. So I've been putting it on and rinsing it back off within a minute or two and applying the oil(s). It does seem to help. In my bath the other night, I did let it soak in for about 30 minutes before rinsing and my skin was really, really nice the next couple of days.

It seems like this might work best for me only using it a few times a week as an extra treatment instead of in a daily routine.

I've been using the Lily of the Desert (or something like that ) aloe vera gel, which does have a couple of other ingredients in it. I'm going to try and get an aloe plant and use pure gel from that to see if it makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

• i'll try it- thanks. You can also juice cucumbers and keep it in a spray bottle in the fridge. It should last a few days or so.. go by the smell i guess. This makes a nice toner and should be ok for sensitive skin.

• I've been meaning forever to juice some cucumber, add it to some green tea, and do the spray bottle in the fridge thing. I just never get around to it. Thanks for the reminder. If I ever actually do it, I'll let you know what I think of it.

• seaweedseaweed Raw Newbie

Every so often I make a face mask of 1 tsp raw honey and 1 tsp white clay. The paste really nourishes my skin, honey rocks!