raw "junk food"

What do you guys think about the raw bars? I’ve been eating the Ani Phyo ones (Smart Monkey, I think) for breakfast because I like to run in the morning and they sustain me. Sometimes it seems like they’re more of a treat than something to rely on for breakfast. I’m also wondering about other treat items like cookies and pies. I know that when eating raw there is less of a need to be concerned about eating a lot of unhealthy food. I just don’t want to incorporate more raw food into my diet and end up being a “junk foodie raw” like the junk food vegans.

Comments

• That is the beauty of being raw!! that you can have what you like and you are having good things for your body. As long as you don;t feel whacked out or lethargic ater it and you eat a more balanced diet during the day. I mean all that stuff can get a bit heavy depending on who is chef is and what you order…but just go by your bodies feeling afterwards. Its GREAT that you are a raw foodist full stop so you are doing well. In australia we don’t have raw bars…so I reckon you are lucky to be able to get something on the go…..Tis my dream to live in America where there are raw bars… :) I

• well lexiloo, perhaps that is something to petition your local health food store with!! I live in sydney and there’s a GNC in glebe which is very large, and also Aboutlife in Rozelle which is the size of a supermarket… I might write to them asking to stock some raw bars… I think I would buy them almost every day to take to uni for breakfast!!!