Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Kelp Noodle Smell

I have been a big proponent of Sea Tangles noodles- but this last batch seems to have a much stronger smell out of the package- I have tried soaking in lime and water- I even soaked some overnight only to find the smell did not go away. What is that smell anyway? It is very strong- have you noticed it? I want to be able to keep eating them as they do fill a need....what do you think????

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i really love those noodles, but i know what you mean about the smell. they kind of smell like plastic to me. i don't even soak mine though. i just eat them straight from the package.

• oh yeah, i totally know the smell you are talking about. I think it just completely depends on the bag you get...sometimes they smell stronger than others. I actually stopped eating them because I kept getting bags that just smell so bad and taste weird too. But I still needed noodles, so I bought a spiralizer and make veggie noodles. My new favorite is butternut squash noodles with garlic and olive oil or marinara. delicious!!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

The first time I ordered them, I ordered a case and kept them in my pantry thinking if they could ship them regular mail, then they were shelf stable. Well, since then I read either on Sea Tangle's website or on the package that they should be kept in the refridgerator!

• I've been wondering- how long can sea tangle noodles be kept out of the refrigerator? I was thinking of carrying some packages along for traveling, might be around 40 hours out of refrigeration, and then back in, do you think that would be safe. Also, how long can an open package be kept in or out of fridge? Thanks

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Ok, so I went back to double check. I must've read my original info somewhere other than Sea Tangle. I just checked their site and this is what it says:

Products are shelf stable for six months and refrigeration is required only after opening

That's good news.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I only put mine in the fridge after opening them and the longest I've left them in the fridge is 2 days. I usually keep mine in the case in our dining room and just eat them as I please. I like them warm better than cold.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

wow I have been eating this for a while and never knew they could be kept out of the fridge. In RawVeganSource and other stores I have purchased them they are always in the fridge? Maybe they last longer if refrigerated? mmm I think I want some now....

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Agree with V2R - they are sold in the refrigerated section at my WF, so I keep them refrigerated.