Trader Joe's Whole Foods.. to find raw Nori?

I know where a Trader Joe's is located.... (about 20 minutes away). I recently moved and havn't been there. I only started raw this week. So I am wondering if anyone knows of some good raw products from Traders, and if they sell raw Nori there. Thanks in advance.

Whole Foods is a bit further away, but I will make the trip. Is there any fantastic raw things there that I should have in the house? I am talking staples. I am hesitant because I absolutely love the store and spend way too much money there..that I currently don't have to spend. okie .. thanks =)

Comments

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

I consider nori a staple in my house b/c you can make a veggie wrap quick and get super full and energy from nori. As far as I know my Trader Joes (Bellingham Wa) does not carry nori they have nori crackers and such with it as an ingredient but not raw product. Look at whole foods or online (sometimes pricing is better at some online stores I think rawvegansource.com has nori for like 12.99 for 50 sheet package its normally 20) Trader Joes has great deals on avocado and bell peppers as well as some other organic veggies they also do have some really raw almonds from spain the valencia ones check the back of the package and make sure they say imported from spain they are fabulous tasting and like six bucks for almost a lb. Oh yeah they also have killer deals on organic frozen fruit and non organic frozen fruit like 2 bucks a package for organic frozen strawberries. I dont know if there refigerated olives are raw but they are good and cheap and olives and avocados and sprouts are other staples for us (we have kids and need the fats) We love whole foods too but right now need to save money so its Trader Joes first and then what I cant get there I get at whole foods. (Try Tjs organic micro greens they are very energizing and blend up well if you are without the vitamix)

Namaste

• I have never seen raw nori at TJs (I'm in central CA), and I've only ever seen California almonds there, never seen the valencia. I always buy my raw seeds from them, and most of my nuts (most prob not truly raw). I LOVE their produce, that is the main reason I shop there.

I love WF produce too, but when I shop there, I always spend WAY more than I should.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Neither sells raw nori in my area. (Note that all WFs have different buyers, so if there's a giant raw food community where you are, they might).

I also get supplies and staples online. It's much cheaper. There is a thread with good internet storefronts.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I have never seen the nori at TJ's and Whole Foods is too far for me to make regular stops at. I have found it at two different natural/healths food stores so I would suggest looking into those around you as well, Personally I get much more there than I do at either of the other stores, and the prices are not horrible,

• This is all so much wonderful information! I am so thrilled. I did check that site for the raw nori. It is reasonable, but the shipping is another 10.00. I may put an order in over the next week or two. I cannot wait to look for the almonds and seeds!