frozen wheat grass

any thoughts????????

Comments

• I seen some in the health food store I frequent. I was wondering if it was any good (nutrition wise). It was 16 dollars for 10 little blister packs. I would like to try it but not if it has lost its health benefits. I am sure someone else on the site can let us know if it is worth it!

• I hope so. Does the frozen have enough nutritional benefits,is it worth it to buy it?

• I read the package and it seems like it did. I read on one of the forums that alot of people have stomach discomfort after drinking it like nausea and diarreah. That is the only thing that makes me nervous about buying it. I do not want to waste 16 dollars on that stuff and have a runny tummy! I think I might try it over the weekend when it is safe! My husband said to take a teaspoon of it and then work my way up. But once the little pack it unthawed you have to use it immediately and it cannot be refrozed (so it said).

• Thanks RAWmen-noodles for looking into it!Let me know how it is if you try it. I know my little health store here sells some individually,maybe if I get around to it I will buy 1 or 2 and try it myself.

• mham, I am going to take the plunge and purchase some tomorrow. I am going to stay at home all weekend just incase something “erupts”!

• I work at a juice bar where we sell fresh and frozen wheatgrass and to be honest I kinda think the frozen stuff is not all its cracked up to be. I have heard from people with health problems and really bad diets that it does wonders for them but I would think that it’s only because that is the one thing they are consuming that isn’t total junk. For people with healthier diets who actually consume fresh fruit and veggies I think it’s a waste of money. You’d be better off with a green smoothie. As soon as wheatgrass is juiced it starts to lose it’s nutritional value and must be consumed right away, so if it’s juiced and then frozen I think so much must be lost in the process. Just my opinion. Also about the nausea and diarreah, I was told that this is from the detox that the wheatgrass causes but on further investigation I think it’s actually a reaction to the mold that is in the wheatgrass. Wheatgrass is very succeptible to mold and mold is sooo toxic! Not to mention that most juicebars are required by health inspectors to rinse their wheatgrass with a chlorine solution. Yikes! I personally will only drink wheatgrass if I grow it myself.