Beginning, again . . . motivated to sleep less. :o)

I'm beginning, again, to go raw. After nearly ten years of gradual improvements, and a state of health that just seems to be barely hanging on with each and every improvement, I've come to the conclusion that unless I go raw, I'm doomed to mediocre quasi-health.

As a mom of five young children, life takes a lot of energy and more time than I have in a day. (A girl's gotta sleep, and I usually need 9 hours a night.) One of the main things that's brought me back, and is really motivating me, is the idea of needing less sleep. So, I want substantiation. lol Could some of you chime in here and let me know how much sleep you usually need in a typical 24-hour day? I'm not going to pin my hopes on anyone's answer . . . even if I could feel good on seven or eight hours, I'd be pretty pleased. (Of course I'm hoping for less than that, as there's always more to do. But any improvement is good!)

So please, pipe up! :o) Thanks!

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

On school days, I have to wake up early and don't like the fact that I can't let my body wake up when it wants to. I usually sleep 7-8 hours on school nights, but on non-school days, I sleep about 10 hours. It may seem like a lot but I'd end up taking a nap in the afternoon if I didn't sleep this much. I feel much more energetic when I sleep a lot haha

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I absolutely must sleep seven solid hours if I'm going to be functional during the day. However, when I went raw my sleep was deeper and I felt much more energetic while I was awake.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

When I eat mostly greens, and low fat, I sleep 5 hours. :) lately..7. I have been eating grain! Doesn't make me feel very well...anyway Greens, lemons and lots of water, and you will feel better, more energetic naturally, and then combine that with less sleep...Raw is great.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Hey have_mersey, good to see you.........and good advice:)