Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How much water is too much water?

I easily drink 3 Litres a day and usually want more but I'm worried this is too much.

I don't eat much salt, I rarely have coffee or dehydrated foods and eat so much fresh fruit and veg, so why am I still thirsty?

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Diabetes? Thyroid? Kidney? Everything else AOK health-wise?

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

maybe just a detox thing. It should calm down in a bit. Perhaps your body just needs that much for now.. Cuccumbers and celery help hydrate too..

• I used to have kidney problems as a child. Perhaps I should go and get a check-up. Mmm, I love cucumber and celery. Sometime I do eat juicy fruits instead of having a glass of water.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Your body needs salt in order to properly process the water. Are you eating enough with sodium in it? otherwise add some sea salt to your diet. without the proper salt to water ratio you could hurt yourself. so don't skip the salt unless you are getting enough from your food. if you are peeing all the time you are low on salt.

Ideally, your kidneys have the capability to process 17 2liter bottles of water a day. although I highly recommend you don't try that.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Three liters is not outside the normal range for water consumption as far as I'm concerned.