Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cacao Butter

pixxpixx Raw Master

I recently placed an order over at nutsonline.com, and decided to give Cacao Butter a try. I only bought one pound, so I don't want to waste it on something not TNT! Anybody want to share their favorite recipes using Cacao Butter? Preferably something that wont use it all up at once!

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I would love to find small sized recipes- something for one or two.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

You must not have received it yet, because a pound is a pretty good amount. I would say it is about like a 3 inch slice of pineapple. When you grate it to use it in a recipe, it'll barely make a dent in it. I used it to make almond butter cups and almond joy cups. I found a chocolate bar recipe on this site and just layered the chocolate, my filling and then another layer of chocolate in a little foil cup. THey were pretty good!

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Hmm, sounds good! thanks!

• Cocoa butter is also an excellent natural body moisturizer that smells good to boot. For me, that dual-use makes certain raw food oils (like cocoa or coconut) actually worth buying, cause otherwise I'd use them at a rather tectonic pace. :P

Since it's not very pliable at room temp, you'd need to mix the cocoa butter with a little bit of other good skin oils (grapeseed, jojoba, almond, or avocado oils) that are more liquid at room temperature and that mimic the skin's oils for good absorption. It'll make a very rich and oily skin butter... so it's really only good for those with dry skin, and best applied at night (I like it after a skin brushing and a quick shower, as it absorbs quicker then). Then in the morning, awesome silkiness. :)

Wish I could help out with recipes! Kristen Suzanne just came out with a Raw Chocolate book, the newest addition to her series...there's gotta be a use for cocoa butter in there. :)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Thanks KarinaFirebreather, I don't have dry skin. But maybe that's because I use oils every day. I use a mixture of virgin coconut, virgin palm, and avocado oils. I drop a vanilla bean in there to make it smell nice.

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Hi Pixx,

Vanessa Sherwood makes a wonderful White Chocolate Strawberry cheesecake using cacao butter. To make a 9 inch cheesecake, you can double her recipe which would use 4 tablespoons of cacao butter. That's not a lot compared to a nice big chunk you get for one pound. Here's her recipe:

http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/forum/showthread.php?t=142

Do you have the book, Sweet Gratitude? If so, that has many recipes that use cacao butter. I love white chocolate so I love recipes that call for it! My favorite in SG is their Raspberry White Chocolate cheesecake. OMG it's sooo good!

Let us know what you decide to make. Love to hear about the details :-)

Cheers

Joyce

I have photos of the cheesecakes mentioned above on my dessert photo album

http://picasaweb.google.com/jholsten/RawVeganDessertsByJoyceHolsten#

http://beautifullivingfood.blogspot.com/

ps - I made a strawberry cheesecake this past weekend using coconut oil for a more traditional taste but I could have used cacao butter for a white chocolate flavor too. I like using both. (hubby isn't as excited about cacao butter as I am)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Thx Joyce~

Yeah, I actually do have Sweet Gratitude. Haven't pulled it out since I got it. Looked it over quite a bit, and drooled much, but then it was put on the shelf... lol. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

Thanks for the links, too-- I'll check 'em out!

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

There is a white chocolate recipe on here that is fantastic I added my own spin in the comments part check it out its our new fave!

• pixxpixx Raw Master

vegan2raw~ Thanks a bunch! Sounds good! I have everything you have listed there, too. :)

lulushka8~ I *adore* mulberries, and I have them! I will try that one too! I am not much for lucuma, nor gojis, so I will likely pass on the second idea- but may come up with some other fillers instead.

Mmmm, now to find time to play with all these ideas! :~)

Thanks!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

How funny. Yesterday I made some chocolate chip cookie dough balls, mainly using cacao butter and almond meal. The recipe is VERY close to authentic but not quite perfected yet, or else I'd share!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Okay, round two was a success. Here is the recipe:

http://www.goneraw.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-balls

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

JoyceH~ I don't think I have ever seem more beautiful photos anywhere... Your writings, photos and meal combinations are superb!!! Congratulations on a job well done, beautiful just beautiful!!!

Can't hardly wait for next weeks... smile

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

just so you know the cacao butter we got from nutsonline was rancid. sometimes you get what you pay for with cheap stuff. anyhow, hope it was a fluke and yours is ok.

i just like making chocolate with cacao butter! melt it, then add cacao powder and sweetner of choice. freeze until set.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Aw, bitt~ Ok, you've got me wondering...How would I know? (I haven't even had a chance to get into it yet...) I hadn't even considered...ugh. What do I look for?