Beer

I am in the process of going raw. I can cut out hard alcohol but not beer. It doesn't really have much stuff in it. I don't think I well be able to give it up. Do some of you drink beer still?

Comments

• I occasionally drink beer and wine. More wine (since I make it) than beer. I've noticed my desire for it has lessened. I tend to have about a third of a glass of wine, and fill the rest with water. I don't eat 100% raw (just pretty high raw, some days 100%, some not as high).

I'm into moderation.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I don't drink beer mainly because I don't like the taste. My mom lets me have wine occassionally though (I'm 19). I don't drink enough to get drunk though- just enough to enjoy the sweetness and to feel sophisticated drinking out of a wine glass.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

My husband has switched to gluten free beer which is still beer tasting and good but without the gluten effects. Its made with sorghum. Regular beer would make him break out and experience joint pain (as with all gluten) He also will have wine sometimes. I think a little indulgence is ok as long as you arent binging or doing it to escape some problem. We are high raw but not 100 percent we too are into moderation I dont drink b/c its just not my thing but I think getting too extreme on any diet is dangerous. Leave yourself wiggle room (unless your fighting cancer or something) if your not ready to give up beer or tofu or whatever dont. If you want to try 100 percent raw for a while do we did and thats how we found our way that we need some cooked quinoa. Whatever you do dont hold youself to someone elses standard do what feels right for you and enjoy it.

Thats my 2cents worth

peace

• I am a college student and during the off season (from varsity swimming) I do like to the occasional drinks. I will have a nice beer with dinner but it jus is not a enjoyable as it used to be. It makes me very full now and sick feeling, also I get drunk much too easily so beware of that. I tend to drink more wine when I do chose to drink. It feels a lot better (relatively speaking) than beer. Last night I made some delicious fruity sangria which was an even lighter version of wine, diluted down with sparkling water and it was a perfect refreshing beverage for a hot night with good friends.

Everyone feels differently about drinking, but I say moderation and listening to your body are more important that being too strict.

• macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

This was originally a big concern for me too, but I'm surprised that the longer and more I'm raw (about 90% now) the lower my tolerance for alcohol and the less I want it. Before my transition I drank everyday; I was alcohol fat (my hubbie too - he's a homebrewer so we always have full kegs). I would have about a bottle of wine a night (more on weekends) and he would have a good 5 or so pints. Now I might have a glass or two on a Friday or Saturday, but not even half way through I can feel the effects in my limbs. Keep an open mind and you might be surprised that you won't need/crave it as much either. :)