cashew meat

I am sort of new to uncookng. I do lots of juicing and eat very well, but only recently started experimenting with more raw techniques. Sooo, I am a huge cashew milk fan and make it all the time, but I have all this leftover cashew meat. I saved it, but don't know what to use it for. Any ideas?

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Here's a GoneRaw search for nut pulps. There are several kinds of pulp included in the results, but I think you can get some initial ideas from here. My response will bump this to the home page, and hopefully some of our more seasoned "un-cooks" will weigh in with some scrumptious ideas.

http://www.goneraw.com/search/node/type:recipe cashew OR almond OR hazel "pulp"

EDIT: I posted the wrong link. This one should work better. Sorry.

• MishimooMishimoo Raw Newbie

I use my leftover pulp to make Sweet Fussy Balls (giggle), the name is because I roll them with coconut flakes and they look fussy. I made this recipe up one day:

In a processor place:

1 1/2 C. Nut pulp

4 soft dried dates or more if you like it more sweet (not soaked).

4 dried figs (not soaked)

1/4 C. Cacao powder (optional)

Once processed, roll the mix into balls.

Optional: You can roll the balls in dried coconut flakes, ground nuts, cacao.....

They taste kinda like the Lara bars, but less sweet. I recommend doubling the recipe because this usually makes about 10 small balls.

Hope this helps.

Edit: typo.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Usually I dehydrate all our nut pulp and use it as flour in various dessert or bread recipes.