Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Daily Green Juice Drink

I have been making it a point to juice green vegetables at least once a day, because I like its effect on how I feel, my mood, my energy and how my skin looks. All good things. I juice a some combo of kale, parsley, wheatgrass, celery, cucumber, spinach and other stuff, and I usually mix in a green apple for taste. I am finding that after my green drink, somewhere between 15 minutes and an hour after I drink it, I have really bad nausea almost where I feel like I might throw up. It always passes and I feel fine afterwards (feel great actually), but that bout of nausea can be tough to take. I am wondering if anyone has had the same experience, and if so, if it went away? Also, any tips to avoid the nausea?

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

If this is something new, maybe your body is fighting off coming down with a virus... If it has always happened, maybe you are allergic to one of the ingredients...

In the last couple of days I have been getting nausea, but realized I was waiting too long to eat... It resolves after I've ingested my smoothie...

Hope you feel better and find the reason soon!!!

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

As I recall, wheatgrass can make you sick if it's not in tiptop shape (that is, super clean and grown in the proper environment). If you are juicing your own wheatgrass you may want to look in to that as your culprit. I got sick from wheatgrass once and when I read up on it it seemed as though wheatgrass can get a mold very easily... Something like that - it's been awhile :)

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I get that from two things.. 1. a small short detox if I have had only the green juice all day, or a LOT of green juice. 2. Non-organic produce. Not all, but some, even if I try to wash/rinse. The kale we get around here is not organic, and it tasted like pure chemicals the time I forgot to wash it. Even with rinsing and such I get a headache. So for the most part, I can't do it anymore. Not unless I go organic. Which is not just a cost related problem, but a lack of it's existence! I need to grow it. But I must find seed.

• The only time I felt queezy after making my green juice was when I put some mustard greens in. I felt like I was going to throw up for about an hour. I threw the mustard greens in the trash straight away:)

• hi putiger78,

Funny how you mention that. I've been experiencing similar problems here too. I've been drinking green juices regularly, and I love my green juices (i never stick to a certain recipe, i just do whatever I have around) and how it makes me feel most of the time. Last week I started to drink a lot more green juices in a day and thought I'd benefit more from it. instead of feeling better and more energized, I've been feeling nauseous and dizzy. I find it VERY weird. I've done Master Cleanse several time before and I never experienced that, so I know it's not from the detoxing my body is going through. I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients in my juices. I can't figure out what it is either. Two days ago I actually got so dizzy and thought I was about to faint. I'm going in to see my doctor tomorrow, I'm going to ask what this is all about. If I got any answers, I'll report it back to you!!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

Maybe try juicing a piece of ginger with your greens. It always calms my stomach when it's upset. I rarely juice greens though. I'm more of a fruit person.

• Sorry I dont have an answer - I agree with Joanna- when i make my green juice in the am (romaine/kale/lemon/apple) i always use ginger, it helps my tummy :-)

• The ginger is a good idea (plus good for you). I have been finding that the sickness feelings have been less, I have a feeling that the feelings I had may have been detox because it may have been a day after I cheated on the diet a little. Anyway, am feeling better with it. Thanks all for the responses.

• This may only be me, but I can only consume wheatgrass by itself, on an empty stomach. I become nauseous if I combine it with anything even other greens.

• Are you guys talking about ginger root? I could easily get that.. hah

And what kind of taste does that usually add? Do you add a lot?