Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

can we still drink hot water?

i have been 100% raw for 2 months now. i have been craving something hott! temp wise, and i was wondering if its ok to drink hot filtered water?

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I know that Matt Monarch, author of Raw Success, says he starts his day with hot water with lemon.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

The point of raw is to keep enzymes, vitamins & minerals intact (mainly enzymes). Water has none of these, so heat away. :)

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Water is full of minerals but I thought they were inert. I don’t know about the whole raw take on boiled water, but I LOVE TEA!

• wait, i drink sun tea, but can we drink hot tea… im so confused?

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Hot tea wouldn’t be raw.

• I’m so glad someone asked this. I love tea and I refused to give it up, but had wondered if it was raw or not.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Okay folks, remember that water evaporates with heat (100 degrees Celsius), and when it cools it rains. So water isn’t raw. At all. Water never was raw.

ClaireT
  • greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Water is amphoteric which means it can act/react as an acid or a base.
    This is something to keep in mind if you are trying to maintain an alkaline diet.
    There are ionizers that supposedly make your water neutral to alkaline, but I do not own one myself.
    I’d be curious to hear form anyone who does have one and if they think they are good investments or not.

Also – if you do plan on heating water for tea you should not do so in a microwave.

• isnt it cooked?i hope someone who know abt this answers