Where do I find Wet Sea Salt?

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Where do I find wet sea salt? ...affordable wet sea salt.

I was reading somewhere that regular (non-wet) salt or sea salt contains an ingredient that keeps the salt dry and keeps it from sticking to itself. I also read that the ingredient prevents your body from absorbing those minerals in the salt. I have not confirmed this. But, I have heard wet salt is better. So, now I want to try it.

I am also wondering if this would decrease our need for greens (or at least the minerals in those greens because our bodies are absorbing it from the wet salt… assuming the aformentioned is true).

Just thinking aloud… maybe someone has some info to share about wet salt.

CreepyJeff

Comments

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

The sea salt I get is dampish. Maybe that is what they are referring to. I just looked at the package of Celtic Sea salt that is damp. Then I looked at the other two brands and even tho different looks they are all made by the same people.Now I dont know if this will help you.

CreepyJeff
  • germin8germin8 Raw Master

So Celtic Sea Salt is sold with a “damp” label. Hmmmm. I have Himalayan. I wonder how I know if its a wet salt. It only sticks a little… but not enough for me to think it’s wet. I’ll have to check for “damp” on my next search. Is damp Celtic salt washed at all? Then sundried?

CreepyJeff
  • ZaZa Raw Newbie

http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/index.php?main_…

This is one company that seems to carry the grey salt from Noirmoutier, an island in France where I have gone every summer since my childhood. I can guarantee you that nothing fishy is added to this salt: the salt farmers who cultivate this salt do so using centuries-old local traditional methods and all packaging is done locally, unless there’s been some new development I’m unaware of. But search around for Noirmoutier salt and you’ll always find good stuff. Look especially for “fleur de sel” (translates as “flower of salt”) this is the extra-fine pinkish salt that crystallizes on top of the tide-pools and has to be carefully scooped up bit by bit, has the mildest flavor.

CreepyJeff
  • debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

germin8, I’m not sure that any of the minerals in sea salt (dry OR wet) can be absorbed by our body, as they’re inorganic.

This as I understand it (primarily from Nat Hygiene texts) is the problem with salt. It may be full of minerals (ie the marketing is correct) but our bodies can’t make use of minerals unless they’re organic, ie taken up through the roots of plants.

Having said that, I do add a bit of salt to raw food, as I’m a salt junkie, but don’t think it’s good..

CreepyJeff

Thanks for the infor LovefoodLaughter and debbbietook. I will look into what both of you said!

CreepyJeff
  • ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

i ve never heard of wet salt what is it?

CreepyJeff

It’s salt like every other salt, except it has been minimally processed. It sounds like “damp” salt is the same thing. It’s not supposed to have that ‘additional moisture-absorbing ingredient’ that may or may not be on the label. That’s about all I know.

They even make special salt shakers for wet salt.

CreepyJeff