Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Taste Of Apricot Seeds

Anyone know of a Good Recipe To cover the taste of raw apricot seeds??? Great for your health but they taste terrible...

In case anyone is interested in eating Apricot seeds...So that you can Scoup Up all of the Vitamin B17 That You can, I've found that eating One almond along with one Apricot seeds Definitely makes them bearable...

I think I'll try them in somekind of trailmix of seeds... I'll let you know...

Hey That does seem to do the trick...

1 Almond+1Apricot Seed+1Cashew+A Couple of raisins

I've taken to Blending The seeds First in a ounce of water and then I mix them into Veggie/Fruit Juices...

I also add a bit of stevia and the Bitter taste of the Apricot Seeds is just Nowhere to be found...

Comments

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

In case anyone is interested in eating Apricot seeds...So that you can Scoup Up all of the Vitamin B17 That You can, I've found that eating One almond along with one Apricot seeds Definitely makes them bearable...

I think I'll try them in somekind of trailmix of seeds... I'll let you know...

Hey That does seem to do the trick...

1 Almond+1Apricot Seed+1Cashew+A Couple of raisins

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I like to dip them in a mixture of avocado, cocoa with a bit of agave. oooo chocolate is a FAB!

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

B17 thing is a myth... it's toxic! It has been found to be ineffective at fighting tumors and selling the pure form is illegal. Don't eat apricot seeds!

That is EXACTLY what The FDA and Modern Medicine wants you to think... It looks like you fell for it Hook Line and Sinker... I suggest you do your own research... The FDA and AMA have known about Vitamin B17 Since 1922...

80% Cure Rate - 3 doctors, B17 - Metabolic therapy [1 of 4]

The Science and Politics of Cancer... 1 of 5 Parts...

Check out YouTube for testimonials from REAL PEOPLE...

And Another Site about B17... http://christkeep.com/articles/cancer_cure.html

• This is not related to apricots, however I though you might find this interesting. http://www.hulu.com/watch/67878/the-future-of-food

If you have the time (1 1/2 hours) please watch this film. I think you will find the connection between pesticide companies and the FDA interesting (and scary). Don't always believe everything the FDA tells you.

The FDA, ADA, AMA, EPA, USPHS, USDA are all Criminal Organizations Run Buy Big Pharma, Big Agra, and Big Chemical Corporations for the Benefit of Big Industry To make Big Bucks off of Your illnesses, Not For Your Benefit...

You had better get all of your Organic Seed in a Row because they will Soon Be Outlawed... Although it Probably wont matter because soon EVERYONE will be forced to Take The New Swine Flu Vaccine... which in all likelyhood will kill Millions...

Did I Mention That Roundup is Creating SUPERWEEDS... we are in deep Shite!~

It is not illegal, when I called the company i bought mine from they were confused when I brought up it being illegal, and she just laughed and said no selling raw is not illegal.

whatever the FDA says do the opposite. Use some thought about things whatever they are REALLY up to one thing is for sure they are separating those of us that aware or becoming aware from the sheep and actually waking some sheep up to boot.

The FDA banned vitamin B17 years ago

Actually in the 1980's when World Without Cancer was published

Although it is banned, it is not illegal

You Ask: What's the Difference

What it means is that ~ If any hospital uses laetrile the law says that they jeopardize any grants from the government as well as any monies from Medicaid and other hospital insurance originating from the government. Since nearly all of hospital revenues come from patient insurance, not one hospital in the U.S. will take the chance and use any banned substance including, Amygdalin (also called vitamin B17 and Laetrile.)

Any Doctor that wants to use the substance from apricot pits, must have their patient fill out a form and then the doctor must submit the form to the FDA... Again, doctors don't want to get involved in this and would rather keep their names off of the FDA lists. Additionally, the doctor's malpractice insurance will not be valid if they prescribe laetrile (B17, amygdalin) to a patient. The Americcan Medical Association (AMA) treats any Doctor that prescribes laetrile to be a renegade (traitorous) and that he has violated the AMA's membership policies and will be subject to membership termination. Therefore any Doctor that prescribes laetrile may destroy his carreer as a Doctor.

Any individual that sells laetrile must not claim that it does anything in his place of business. Many health food stores in the past were raided and had to give up their supplies of B17 because the B17 was near books that claimed that the B17 was the answer to cancer...In other words the books were near the B17 in the stores and was therefore considered "labeling" which is a term used by the FDA. Labeling according to the FDA is against the law and can be prosecuted.

However on the Internet, it is different. Internet law is tricky and not the same as U.S. commercial law. In one case, Ken Kholas took the FDA to court and won his B17 back. That court case proved it wasn't wrong for him to have or to sell it thought it cost Ken's father a tremendous amount of money.

What THIS MEANS TO YOU is that you can purchase, use and have B17 and you will not have violated any law.

In case You did NOT do your research... Apricot Seeds DO Contain Cyanide that is "LOCKED UP" until it comes into contact with a Certain 'Enzyme'... What you don't Know is that

"Certain Enzyme" is ONLY located in Cancer Cells... So No Cancer Equals NO CYANIDE... There is also another DEADLY POISON in Apricot Seeds... But Guess What, IT ALSO NEEDS THAT "Certain Enzyme" Found Only in Cancer Cells To UNLOCK IT!

These Two 'POISONS" In Combination are 10,000 Times more Potent that either Poison separately or Alone...

And They DO NOT attack any other cells... However B17 Does have a Regenerative effect on all other "Healthy Cells" in the human Body... or so says the Research...

Vitamin B17 The DEADLY POISON in 1400 Natural Foods...

B17 Testimonials: and Case Studies....

http://www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/success.html

http://www.laetrile.com.au/copy.asp?sect=testimonials

http://credence.org/testimon.html

http://www.rawapricotseeds.com/vitamin-b-17.html

Need More... There are THOUSANDS on the internet, But you Wil NOT Find a Single One On "Modern Medicine Sites" They Regard B17 as A DEADLY POISON...

And They are RIGHT... If The American People Find Out About B17, It will Be Deadly for the Modern Medical Complex and Drug Companies at large...

• There must be a huge difference in taste between the raw and roasted. Trader Joe's was selling bags roasted apricot seeds as a snack a few months ago, so of course, roasted or not, I HAD to taste this new (to me) item. And they tasted a helluva lot like strong almonds to me. Quite good. I didn't buy them again though, since they were roasted. Interesting that they taste so bad raw. I don't like apricots, so I never have apricots around to taste a raw seed.

Sadly The Bitter Type Contains the Most B17... There is also a Bitter Almond With High Levels Of B17... The Sweet almonds we eat today are actually Grown on the Root Stock Of Bitter Almonds... All Nuts after cooking are DEAD and of Very Limited Value Nutrionally... That is Why The FDA wants to Irradiate all Foods... They are Far To Health Raw...

That is a GOVERMENT SITE... You are Very Naive. I can find you MULTIPLE articles that will tell you that Brocoli, selemium, Cherries, Vitamin D, Sunlight are all Killers... You should Visit Infowars.com... The Goverment IS NOT YOUR FRIEND... I mean I appreciate That want me to have Nice white teeth so they poison Me and Mine with Fluoride a.k.a. Fluoricilic Acid That is delivered straight from the producer Straight to My City Water Putication Plant that Comes STRAIGHT from the Smoke stakes of Phosphate Fertilzer plants that contains a Multitude of other poisons... Oh and The Pesticides In ALL Of my Food Stuff are DELICIOUS Only thing is I am Getting ANOTHER DOSE OF Good Old FLUORIDE for my Nice White Teeth... No Matter that That Shit KILLS YOU Just as Long as You and I have NICE WHITE TEETH!

And I just Cant get enough of all of that Dicious GMO Food... To bad that it will rout out your liver... But Hey the goverment says "Its Better than Organic" so Lets Get Rid of Organics Like Cherries, Oat, RAW Almonds, Etc,Etc, Because The FDA says Hey You cant say that cherries or Oat Or Brocoli is Good For You Because that Makes Them "DRUGS" and we will have to ban them until somebody spend 30 Million Dollars to "Scientifically" Investgate them. and some Big Pharma will Do a Test and say Hey that Crap is Poison but it just so happens that we have a BETTER VERSION of that that we can sell You foe a Couple of hundred bucks...

After All "God Is A CLOD and Can't Get ANYTHING Right" But MEN have the Know How so Don't worry we Got The Synthetics That will Do The Trick Because GOD IS A CLOD!

To Much... You had better get your head screwed on Right If You want to protect you and Yours...

Also I am from the UK so not tainted by american government propaganda...

Though it is sometimes sold as "Vitamin B17", it is not a vitamin. Amygdalin/laetrile was claimed to be a vitamin by Ernst T. Krebs in the hope that if classified as a nutritional supplement it would escape the federal legislation regarding the marketing of drugs. He could also capitalise on the public fad for vitamins at that time.

Lerner IJ (1981). "Laetrile: a lesson in cancer quackery". CA Cancer J Clin 31 (2): 91

Most of this research is produced in countries other than the usa, and this research was funded by charities with no point to make or side to argue, pubmed merely links you to all the research published by proper scientists in peer reviewed journals.

T. Colin Campbell author of "The china study" published his work in peep reviewed journals that an be found on pubmed.

Stop believing life is just one big conspiracy theory.

Raw food is good, raw food is great! but some raw vegan items will harm you and some of it will kill you! apply discretion- Anyone for a raw Rubarb leaf juice or a raw deadly nightshade smoothie... no thought not!

I Guess Since Vitamin B17 is POISONOUS all of the Following Foods Should be Avoided as well: Byt eh Way Laetrile is The Extract of Apricot Seeds and Thousands Of PEOPLE Swear By it... But I guess they are a Bunch Of Liars and The GOVERMENT KNOWS Everything about EveryThing,,, Boy, I Need a Cigarette.... Wow That SHould IMPROVE My Heath The Gov use to Think they are the best thing since apple pie... But Wait... Apples are Poisonous The Contain B17

KERNELS OR SEEDS OF FRUIT: The highest concentration of vitamin B-17 to be found in nature, aside from bitter almonds. Apple, apricot, cherry, nectarine, peach, pear, plum, prune.

BEANS: broad (Vicia faba), burma, chickpeas, lentils (sprouted), lima, mung (sprouted), Rangoon, scarlet runner.

NUTS: Bitter almond, macadamia, cashew.

BERRIES: Almost all wild berries. Blackberry, chokeberry, Christmas berry, cranberry, elderberry, raspberry, strawberry.

SEEDS: Chia, flax, sesame.

GRASSES: Acacia, alfalfa (sprouted), aquatic, Johnson, milkweed, Sudan, minus, wheat grass, white dover.

GRAINS: oat groats, barley, brown rice, buckwheat groats, chia, flax, millet, rye, vetch, wheat berries.

MISCELLANEOUS: bamboo shoots, fuschia plant, sorghum, wild hydrangea, yew tree (needles, fresh leaves).

Shocker: Medical Research Frequently Bogus

(NaturalNews) If you read research in a scientific or medical journal, especially one that is peer-reviewed, you know it is presented as accurately as possible, right? Researcher Daniele Fanelli of the University of Edinburgh decided to study the scientists...

http://www.naturalnews.com/026573_medical_research_drugs_cancer.html

What?? The Gov is Cooking The Books... Never Happen...

Laetrile and the Life Saving Substance Called Cyanide

by Philip Binzel, Jr., M.D.

"Laetrile/Amygdalin is a 10:1 Extract of Apricot Seeds"

A doctor from the U.S. FDA once said that Laetrile contains "free" hydrogen cyanide and, thus, is toxic. I would like to correct that misconception:

There is no "free" hydrogen cyanide in Laetrile. When Laetrile comes in contact with the enzyme beta-glucosidase, the Laetrile is broken down to form two molecules of glucose, one molecule of benzaldehyde and one molecule of hydrogen cyanide (HCN). Within the body, the cancer cell-and only the cancer cell-contains that enzyme. The key word here is that the HCN must be FORMED. It is not floating around freely in the Laetrile and then released. It must be manufactured. The enzyme beta glucosidase, and only that enzyme, is capable of manufacturing the HCN from Laetrile. If there are no cancer cells in the body, there is no beta-glucosidase. If there is no beta-glucosidase, no HCN will be formed from the Laetrile (1).

Laetrile does contain the cyanide radical (CN). This same cyanide radical is contained in Vitamin B12, and in berries such as blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. You never hear of anyone getting cyanide poisoning from 12 or any of the above-mentioned berries, because they do not. The cyanide radical (CW) and hydrogen cyanide (HCN) are two completely different compounds, just as pure sodium (Na+) - one of the most toxic substances known to mankind - and sodium chloride (NaCl), which is table salt, are two completely different compounds. [of course the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) don

sighs...

your not getting the point are you!

this is not the government of the usa. the usa is not the only place in the world where science is carried out!

The article you link to ( http://www.naturalnews.com/026573_medical_research_drugs_cancer.html ) says Daniele Fanelli is a she when actually a very short search on a famous search engine shows she is actually a he! still feeling like your sources are accurate?

Yes some research is cooked (get the pun) but most, in fact the vast overwhelming majority is done by honest people with a curiosity about life who just want to find out facts and learn the truth. Stop rubbishing the whole of science just cus one bit does not add up with what you want to believe.

the method Daniele Fanelli used was a "meta-analysis" i.e. HE just put together the results of other peoples research and published it- he did not do any primary research.

Look here's "her" photo! http://www.issti.ed.ac.uk/people/person/126

te HE. quite hairy for a lady!

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I would like to add that anyone who chooses to eat these- PLEASE do not eat them in quantity. I have read that even as few as thirty can be dangerous. Please read all you can about these. Believe what you want, do what you want. Just, be aware!

Blue_Eyes~ it was not stated that the seeds themselves are illegal. They are ok to sell, unfortunately without any warning labels. (springleaf said "selling the pure form is illegal." referring to B17/Laetrile. I am not certain that it is, or is not, I am only pointing out what was said.)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I don't believe we are intended to eat anything that tastes terrible.

ClaireT

30 happens to be just about as many I have been eating Now for about 2 1/2 Weeks... like 10, three times a day... The Second Testimonial Link Speaks of a LADY Taking 30 Per Day... Morning, New and Night... I'm Not Dead Yet and I have yet to feel any other type of effects... Other than the Terrible Taste Which I have learned To Mediate By eating Other nuts with them. I am 58 so I'll let you know if I should have any 'Side Effects"... I've read that some people suffer from nausea when they first start eating them but I Did Not... Maybe I just have a Good Digestive track going for me...

I would Be interested To know what Other People who are Eating These Think...

These are Some of the Testimonials That I have Read of People who have been eating the stuff For YEARS...

The Thing Is Not A SINGLE Testimonial has anything Derogatory about B17... Why??

B17 Testimonials: and Case Studies....

http://www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/success.html

http://www.laetrile.com.au/copy.asp?sect=testimonials

http://credence.org/testimon.html

http://www.rawapricotseeds.com/vitamin-b-17.html

I eat them Strictly as a Perventative... I use to have Hep C Years ago (Which I Cured Myself With Herbals, I Might Add... The Interferon My Doctor Prescribed Me (And Failed) almost Killed Me...so My Liver may have been compremised... But Hey I Feel Great these days I Garden Play Tennis With My Grand Daughters, Go Bike Riding, Work out Almost Daily On a BowFlex... and I am Still Voracious In Bed....

Actually I read somewhere that the Chinese say to have Perfect Health That You should Try To All 5 (I think There Are 5) of the Taste In your Diet... Sweet, Sour, Bitter, Tart and I Think Acidic... I Think this list is Right.. Anybody Know For Sure What the 5 Taste are??

the Five Elements Theory that is the cornerstone of Chinese philosophical thought, as each taste sensation corresponds to one of the five elements: water, fire, wood, metal, and earth. Five spice powder, a seasoning used frequently in Chinese dishes, embodies each of the five tastes.

While researching this article I was unable to find a specific individual credited with developing the four tastes theory. By contrast, in China the view that there are five taste sensations is generally attributed to Yi Yin, an historic figure who lived in the sixteenth century BC. There are several stories surrounding Yi Yin's early life, and how he eventually attained the rank of Prime Minister to King Tang. Thought to have once served as a cook in the King's Court, he was said to be skilled in the art of herbal medicine.

Yi Yin's contribution to culinary knowledge is recorded in Lu-shih Ch'un Ch'iu, or "The Spring and Autumn (Annals) of Mr. Lu." The annals represent a massive undertaking in the third century BC by another Prime Minister, Lu Pu-wei, to create an encyclopedia containing all the world's knowledge. Sadly, Mr. Lu came to an untimely end, drinking poison after he was caught engaging in a rather complicated scheme to remove the current Emperor. However, his encyclopedia outlasted his good name, remaining an invaluable resource for those interested in Chinese history.

As for the theory of five tastes, it gained further support in 1908, when Japanese researcher Kikunae Ikeda found that the glutamate contained in seaweed sauce triggered a fifth taste which the Japanese call umami. It's hard to describe umami. It's commonly translated as meaning "meaty" or "savory" but there's more to it than that - an incomparable taste sensation that encompasses all of the senses (one newspaper article I found equated it with perfect sex). Ikeda's discovery led to the mass production of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) a flavor enhancer widely used in Chinese and Japanese cooking. Last year researchers at the University of Miami succeeded in proving that taste receptors for umami exist, making it likely that the existence of five tastes will eventually gain general acceptance.

Of course, these aren't the only forays into the world of taste and taste sensations. In The Oxford Companion to Food (1999 edition) Alan Davidson describes a fascinating theory developed in the mid-1700's by Pere Polycarpe. Linking tastes with musical notes, he concludes that there are actually seven tastes. However, Davidson notes that two aren't really tastes - one being a combination of sweet and sour, and the other referring more to a lack of taste - bringing the total number back down to five.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I don't know what to think after reading this thread. I know I won't be eating apricot seeds because I don't desire such crunchy texture, nor bad tasting foods. :)

Actually I Sprout All of My Seeds and Nuts... So that takes away Most of the Crunchyness... They are actually quite soft... and You Should ALWAYS Sprout Nuts and Seeds to get the Maximum amout of Nutrition out of them... In Fact it turns them into REAL Superfoods...

They taste like marzipan fruit, those horrid almond paste candies, ugghhh. I made them once a long time ago, I do not understand why anyone would want to eat that candy. At least the apricot seeds had a point to the taste.

I did learn after tasting them I went and looked up the ingredients to almond paste and they are an ingredient so there is the reason for the taste.

Does that taste mean they are raw or not raw?