Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

low-fruit, nut-free raw vegans

2»

Comments

• cupcakes revengecupcakes revenge Raw Newbie

Hey pearjoy (cute name!!),

Most of the nut recipes can be made with pumpkin or sunflower seeds instead (with regards to pates, creams and cheeses), hemp seed is quite good also. I love salads (always have), especially with sprouts. And I really like making raw taco wraps (collard green for the wrapper, stuffed with raw homemade salsa, guacamole, lettuce, and curried lentil sprouts). Lentil sprouts are super easy to do and I sprout mine for a while - until both the leafy green bit and the root emerge, which makes them softer and easier to chew and all round delicious.

You could do raw soups with tomato, cucumber (can you eat non-sweet fruits like tomato and cucs?), spinach

It's really just about getting enough calories but you can easily get there with avocado, oils and seeds. Like 1TBSP of oil has like 120 calories so wouldn't worry about it.

ok I've made myself hungry now...

sarahw7127
  • cupcakes revengecupcakes revenge Raw Newbie

also

I think it's safe to say that many of us face criticism about our food styles from enough people in our every day lives who are SAD. And that part of the reason we joined this forum is to have support not MORE people criticizing us and pushing their way of life on us.

So maybe be happy that you've found a way of eating that works great for you (that's wonderful :) BUT try being supportive and open-minded to the fact that there are other ways of living and eating and that we're all in this together.

sarahw7127
  • aza_equalityaza_equality Raw Newbie

Hi,

I too cannot eat nuts due to allergies, but I am 60% raw. I use coconut meat, sprouted sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. I also do hemp and chia. I also cannot do tahini which but I can do plain sesame seeds (weird).

I prepared ALOT of meals and am working on a nut free, soy free, wheat free cookbook as I also cannot do soy or wheat, but I do fine with sprouted spelt and kamut.

Peace

sarahw7127
  • sarahw7127sarahw7127 Raw Newbie
    I am thinking of giving up sweet fruit for awhile. It is triggering a severe sugar addiction for me. Thank you all for your encouraging posts. I think I will need to up the avocado and nuts if I am to put down the sweets.
  • sarahw7127sarahw7127 Raw Newbie
    Thank you all for some great posts. I am 99%raw vegan but the sugar cravings being triggered by all the fruit has become agonizing. I think I need to find a healthy raw vegan food plan without sweet fruit. Looks like I'll be adding avocado and more nuts and seeds.
    ClaireT