Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Does anyone have any natural deodorant ideas?

13»

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Nefertiti666, I agree and may give it a try in the near future. If you try it, do let us know what you think.

• wow, vodka, that's really cool.

i used to use Toms, but I found it kinda sticky so i switched to Weleda Sage spray. it works really well in the summer.

• You can also find very effective organic deodorants derived from 100% Natural ingredients at lovlis.com , don't block exit of toxins and perspiration and yet provide perfect protection from the odor

I using it and also their oranic shampoos are nice and special

• I have finally found an awesome option for deodorant. I get the Crytall Ally spray deodorant. This is practical and of superb quality. Formulated with: Unconditional Love and Gratitude, Crystalized Mineral Salts, Organic Whole-leaf Aloe Vera, Angstrom Silver and Zinc, 24kt Gold, Liposome Vitamin C and Essential Oils. 4 oz

I get it from OrganicBeautyFood.com Its the best option I have found and now I don't have to rub an uncomfortable crystal under my arm to get protection from odors. Formulated with Angstrom Zinc and Silver which kill odor causing bacteria to make a pleasant body and foot deodorant.

• I also have used so many things, I think the crystal works the best, even the spray crystal and its true it wont happen over night, it takes time for your body to adjust to it... I personally think a persons "natural" smell is a turn on and that is what it is for.

Read This!

Overall, the human sweat smell is a natural, animal-like, musky aroma which can be emotionally stimulating and sexually attractive. To many men and women the smell of clean skin and a little fresh sweat is the most powerful turn-on. In crowded places this is a subtle odor that gets hidden under the other odors such as food, smoke and any polluting chemicals in the air. Therefore, some men and women have resorted to their own chemical warfare with manufactured fragrances in scented products for skin and hair. These fragrances are often from flowers or herbs, or they imitate them.

There is historical evidence for the use of sweat to attract a mate. Once when Napoleon Bonaparte was returning home from a long period of warring he sent a message ahead to Josephine: "Home in three days. Don't wash." Old English folk tales passed down over many generations told young men how to seduce a young woman with his own sweat. The 'secret' was to place a clean linen handkerchief under his clean arm pit while he danced and twirled the young lady making her dizzy. After the dance, as she recovered, he was to fan her and dab her perspiring forehead with his pheromone saturated handkerchief. The results reportedly were guaranteed to be rewarding.

Desperate women from the Austrian and Swiss Alps also had their own secret weapon to capture men. They would place a part, or even a whole, peeled apple under their arm before the dancing started. After a series of dances they would discreetly remove their apple (and its secret chemical load) to give to the man to smell and eat. It was called a 'love apple' and came with an unwritten guarantee to produce its own rewards for both the woman and man.

In one research project, men preferred women's clean sweat odor over the most expensive perfumes, even when the sweat odor was imperceptible. Over 200 chemical compounds are secreted by the human body in sweat, saliva and genitals. Recent research identified that the arm pit and crotch secretions of men and women differ significantly. Not surprisingly, men and women each prefer the odor of the opposite sex. Very important factors that have great influence on the effectiveness of the sweat as an attractant are a person's cleanliness, diet and overall health.

Interestingly, some research unexpectedly found that women who live closely with a man (sleep with him and have frequent sex) have better balanced physiology. Menstrual cycles are more regular and overall health is better than women who live more isolated from men. The main factor appeared to be how much olfactory exposure (i.e smells) each woman had with the man and his body odors.

The pheromone 'androstenone' (a musky odor) has been identified in the sweat and urine of men and is presumed to be a sexual stimulant to women, especially when a day or two from, and during, their monthly ovulation. However, the same androstenone smell has an adverse effect on other men and induces anger in them! Androstenone reportedly has been synthetically manufactured and is being sold in various solutions on the Internet for men to use to hopefully attract women.

• A saw online a few months back a stainless steel disc, like the ones you can use for your hands, that you wipe under your arms to get rid of body odour. I didn't think much of it until I had to leave the house in a bit of a rush one evening and got out and about and realised to my horror that I smelt a little bit. Anyway, remembering this I rushed to the loos, searched through my handbag until I found something stainless steel and dampened it under a tap. A few wipes over the armpits and I wasn't too impressed. However, after about 2 mins the smell pretty much evaporated!

Now I just wash under my arms in the morning before I leave the house, and then while they are sill wet I use a dedicated soupspoon to wipe around. It seems to work really well. I assume it's because of the antibacterial properties of stainless steel.... which are the reasons you aren't supposed to let fermented foods come into contact with them.

Eitherway, it works, and I assume my spoon won't be hugely eroded by my underarms. I do, however, not have a bit of a phobia of what the stainless steel is doing to my belly when I eat things prepared in it!

• macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

MsDerious - I love it! Thanks for the visual - I'll never view a soupspoon the same again! ;)

I find that I need deodorant - the yucky caked white type - after I shave my pitts otherwise they burn. Any natural recommendations to avoid the burn?

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

The green superfood probably had a lot of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is an amazing internal deodorizer, I can't believe no one's mentioned it! I take chlorella (algae) that is really high in chlorophyll, added to my smoothies. I get it as a loose powder for $5 a bag from my acupuncturist. I take the chlorella as a detoxifier (it binds with mercury and such), but the deodorizing part is a nice bonus!

Seriously, this stuff works so well that dog breeders even give it to their females so that the males won't know when she's in heat! I used to give it to my male dog and he had no body odor whatsoever. No smell at all to his breath, and never had that "wet dog" smell when he was out in the rain. It's just amazing.

Of course, you gotta be careful because anything it touches is permanently green. :)