Water containers????

Ok, I'm wanting to find out if anyone knows if 100% stainless steel water bottles leach. I know that plastic and polycarbonate bottles leach chemicals into the water. Glass is of course the best alternative, but I'm an avid hiker and this is just not a sensible choice. I do have a sigg bottle, but would like to buy a few extra water bottles at the natural food store and all they have are stainless steel. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Depends on the steel, from what I have read. The good ones do not. Don't hold me to it, but I think the best are marked 18/10. I can't remember where I read about them, but prior to reading that particular article, I did think all stainless was ok. It said that the good ones were second only to glass, but that the cheap ones often might not be such a great choice.

Wiki shows how many different types there are, but on a quick scan over, it does not seem to say anything about leaching. I wish I could remember where I read that article- sorry I am not more help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel#Types_of_stainless_steel