Do Cut Vegetables Lose Nutrition?

Hi there! I am very new to raw, but have devoured 4 books in the last week and been online for HOURS searching questions that occur to me. I feel like I have a great understanding now. One question I'm having trouble answering- can I cut my vegetables for the week on the weekend and keep in the fridge or do they lose their nutritive values that way? I'd love to do prep work that way.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

Go for it, the nutrition you'd be losing is very miniscule. Steel kills vitamin C, not really sure what else, but if you are concerned and want to have optimal nutrition in your cut veggies, then invest in a ceramic knife. Those won't oxidize the parts you cut : ) And make sure when you store them not to freeze them as that is basically the same as lightly steaming them, which I was very surprised to recently find out. As 99% of raw foodists freeze something and think I'm 100% raw, which isn't true.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I'm thinking whatever loss you may have, it will balance out by the increase in consumption. It's just so much easier to fix something to eat, when it's all prepped. You'll be more likely to eat more of it.

I don't do it all the time, but I am so happy when I have... it really is easier!