Hair spray.

Is there a natural hair spray I could use? Thanks!

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I have not used shampoo in 7 months . . . use baking soda followed by a vinegar rinse instead. That said, I struggled with what spray to use, as my hair is very limp without some assistance. I have been using an aloe vera styling spray from Aloe 80 Organics (www.lilyofthedesert.com/aloe_80_organics.html) for the last several months. It's advertised as containing a minimum of 80% certified organic aloe vera (as are all of their products). I don't know how "natural" it is by raw standards, but it has not interfered with my BS and V routine. I spray it on while my hair is still wet (setting lotion style) and then use a bit more to set my hair when it's dry and all fixed up. My hairdresser (who only gets to cut my hair these days) continues to compliment me on the texture / quality of my hair.

It's available at Everman's Co-op in Pensacola FL . . . haven't found it any closer to home, yet. Their website includes a store locator (no direct to customer shipping). It's about $9 for an 8 oz. bottle, which lasts at least a month for me (have very short hair) . . . and I'm not paying mega bucks for other hair care products, so I figure I'm still coming out ahead on the money end.

Someone on GR posted sometime back about a hair gel substitute (something about flaxseed, maybe), but I can't find it. Maybe they will respond and remind us of the process.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

theres a recipe for hair spray in one of brigitte mars' books you may want to browse a bookstore and check it out. The whole book is homemade beaty recipes.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I just Googled "homemade hair spray recipe" and there are tons of recipes on the web. You might find something there that meets your needs.