Stomach Pains and Bloating :(

For the past couple of weeks I have been struggling to stay at the level of raw I know I am most happy at, which is 100%. Instead, I have been eating all sorts of cooked and process foods lately without even putting up a fight with myself! And now I am feeling the spiraling downward side-effect of all that SAD food. But while I was eating SAD, I was still eating a large intake of raw fruit and veggies, allowing enough time between meals to digest properly, but now i'm on my 2nd day of being back to 100% and my stomach is more bloated than ever! and it hurts to eat, but I'm hungry, so I eat, and then it gets more bloated and then I get pain on my sides. And it's not constipation, because I am releasing waste, but I don't know what to do about it. I'm thinking of getting a colonics tomorrow, do you think that would help or make it worse?? Need some advice please :( Oh, and i've been eating a lot of cherries since they are in season and super cheap right now in my area, like large amounts of them daily. Could that be part of the problem?? Thanks!

Comments

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Outside of the cherries are you eating anything different? I've had major bloating problems over the years and finally figured at least 1/2 is food triggered. For me it is complex carbs, rice is as bad as pasta so it's not a gluten thing, and also nut milks. I found that one out the hard way in the spring when I was higher raw and still had some major GI issues. Cut out the cherries and see if it helps, otherwise perhaps adding more anti-inflammatory and anti-gas foods. Outside that I say check with Dr for GI issues and food sensitivies.

Good luck!

• Well I have been eating a mix of cooked foods along with raw, it was usually about one meal a day, the last cooked food I ate was bread carbs and ice cream, bad I know. I was at a family event and I don't even like ice cream anymore, but I ate it thinking well I used to like it, but it was not appealing so I stopped. I don't know, I spoke with my colonic therapist and she told me it could be trapped gas, maybe from the cherries??? does anyone else get bad gas from eating cherries? but the bloating happens with everything I eat, and I've never experienced this bad of side-effect when I've switched to eating less than 100% for a while, so I'm not sure, maybe i have some bodily issue with cherries,....but they are so good! :(

Thanks for your comment blueyz :)

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Might be from all of the high fat foods you're eating mixing with the fruit. Try to go low fat (10-15% calories from fat and actually track it because sometimes people underestimate), wait 24 hours, and then do mostly fruit and greens.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I have trouble with dark red cherries. I can't eat but about 5 or 6 of them, tops. Makes my stomach feel awful. But Rainier cherries, I can eat and eat.