MMMMMMMM Chai Tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had chai in years. For the past two weeks I randomly got this strong craving for it. I didn't really know what chai was made out of because all I have had in the past was that sugary frapachino pre mix they sell by a coffee company. But anyways i found out it was just spices, i went to my local indian store and they gave me a sample of a special mix they make themselves. (not to mention they had amazing spices I haven't seen before or didn't know you could use them for things)

Anyways for me & my husband i put it on a low simmer of almond milk & water and raw evaporated cane juice along with a bag of black tea and the spice mixture.

We also added about 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Let me tell you...IT WAS SO GOOD. SO GOOD! I don't think i have enjoyed something edible THAT much in a long time. I'm so relaxed right now too and I still feel the nip of the ginger & nutmeg in the mixture on my tongue.

Anyways me & husband were thinking it would be so good to experiment with other flavors. (it was our idea to stick the vanilla in there)

SO we're going to try rose petals, fresh pumpkin when it comes into season, orange slices, maybe chunks of coconut...

Any one have any yummy idea's??? hehe

oh & I am now having a sorbet I made in the blender.

lots of ice, a juiced cucumber/3 peeled lemons, raw agave nectur, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and lemon extract. SOOOO good.

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

haha yes, MMMM Chai! Almond extract is good(stronger than just almond milk). mm. Isn't life great? So many wonderful, joyous, varying things!! :)

Coconut is good in iced Chai-ccino.

I'm also a freak for Cardamom, so I always add extra.

(haha I just had Spirulina can you tell?)

• oh wow that sounds so good.

I haven't tried spirulina yet but if it makes a person THAT chipper hand it over lol

and that sounds really good with the coconut :]

Thank u so much for the help with making the kombucha. i started it on saturday, havent looked at it yet. im nervous lol

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

I just went to a raw restaurant called Grezzo and I ordered their chai frappe. It was AMAZING, I used to be obsessed with chai tea but I hadn't had anything like it in a while. If you ever get the opportunity definitely go to Grezzo.

• num num num lol

You're welcome! What would life be like without tea and/or fermented foods? You should peek at it. :) By now there should be a little bit of film or residues at the top (may be hard to see at certain angles, especially since this is the first). The joy of growing your own, is watching his/her/it's progress.

Spirulina feels great to me. I must stress that Indian spirulina nearly turned me off of it. It will taste like whatever it was grown with, and in India, they usually use animal fertilizer. Hawaiian Spirulina is grown with ocean water, so it's higher in minerals etc. and tastes..like something dark dark green. I've gotten to the point where my smoothie is near-black green, and you can't even taste the mango anymore :P. That is happiness. :)

• oh heck yes i did peek at it today and it has the film. i am Soooooo excited. I was paranoid nothing was going to happen lol. i can wait to try it. i did it in a two gallon jar so i will wait until 3 weeks to try it first. and its a girl! lol

That's great!!!!! And now that you have the film, there is next to no chance of contamination. So, you can relax, and watch the beautiful (tasty) progress.

I really want to do a hibiscus brew next, but that would mean I have to go to the store and I hate shopping.

I tend to think of it as male or "it" since it has the "seed" so to speak. The jar is the female which holds and forms the baby. :P Mostly they are "it".