Need help to stay on the raw path

Hi everyone, over the last few months I have been transitioning to vegetarian, vegan and now for the last few weeks I have been almost entirely raw (with the exception of having organic popcorn on a few occassions). Last week was a breeze and I didn't slip up...but this week I am having odd cravings for chicken (which I gave up months ago). I don't want to fulfill those cravings and I want to fight off those urges to slip up, does anyone have any advice so that I don't? All of a sudden I am getting bored with salads and craving chicken....please help.

Comments

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

You probably want something with a bit more fat in it. Totally normal. Make yourself a raw alfredo (yum) or some yummy nut pate (theres tons of mock tuna salads on here)

Or try backing off a bit and add some cooked vegan foods. Maybe a tofu or tempeh dish. Listen to your body, this isn't a competition on how raw you can be but a path to health. Sometimes we detour. No worries. Even monkeys fall out of trees.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I like Wichen's suggestions a lot. Who says you have to eat salads all the time! There are thousands of awesome raw recipes here. Consider how you can recreate some of your former meals with raw ingredients - so if it's a taco you want, try mushroom/walnut pate with guacamole and salsa in a lettuce leaf, for example.

Also, maybe thinking more about the chickens who suffered and died, and less about your own temptations, would help. I don't mean to be rude, but I want to be real - being a vegan requires having respect and compassion for animals, and I doubt you're craving cruelty in the form of a bird's corpse on your plate. In fact it's quite a turn-off.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Perhaps you are under eating on calories? Try adding more calorically dense sweet fruit into your diet.

If you are craving something dense, try mixing half of a small avocado with about a pound of diced tomatoes and a little lime juice. I find this is just enough creaminess from the avocado to fill me up without overdoing it on fat for the day.

Swayze

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

salads DO get boring! fix yourself something more interesting. and a few months isn't too long to be transitioning. the first few years of being vegetarian i would still get some cravings for meat at times. i just let it go, reminding myself of the animals who i didn't want to eat. good luck.