Does being raw = decreased hunger?

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I've noticed that since becoming raw my appetite has decreased. I used to have major hunger pains, low in blood sugar and cravings. But now, I usually feel hungry in the morning after my workout and at lunch. I eat a mid afternoon snack (usually 2 fruits) around 4:00pm and I find that I can wait until 8:30pm to eat dinner, when I am usually not that hungry. Before becoming raw, I used to eat more for my snack and was starving by 6:30. I would also need to eat something before going to bed. But now I'm not typically hungry before going to bed, but sometimes have a peice of fruit. Is this nornal? Why am I less hungry when I eat less than before and I exercise more?

Comments

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

the answer to that one is actually easy. The food you are ingesting is alive. You are getting the "life" out of these foods which give you energy. You don't need as much food because you can take so much more of the vitamin/mineral content out of the food you are eating. :)smile. It's so awesome. it's so easy. we can't hardly believe it.

• I have absolutely noticed the same thing. I have also found that when I do feel hungry and have something to eat, the amount of what I am eating has dramatically decreased. For dinner I will usually make a ginormous salad with spinach and all sorts of veggies and sunflower seeds. A couple of weeks ago I would easily finish the whole thing in one sitting...feeling completely stuffed. Lately I have only been able to eat half. Last night I was only able to eat about a quarter of it before feeling completely full! I came home tonight and had a small snack before making dinner and now I'm too full for dinner :)

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

Sometimes I feel like I waste food because I'll make myself a huge salad and then I'll only be able to eat a few bites before I'm stuffed.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Yes! When your body gets enough nutrients, it's no longer hungry. It says "thank you, I'm done." The reverse is true too - you can eat an entire bag of chips and still be hungry, because there's no food value in it. Your body will still be saying "feed me, I'm deficient in magnesium or B vitamins."

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks, it all makes sense to me now!