Raw peanut replacement in recipe creation

So I've been told that raw peanuts don't taste so awesome, and this seems to be evidenced by the fact that raw foodists always seem to replace peanuts with something else in their recipes. That said, I love Musamun curry, and really want to create some kind of raw version. I feel like it should be pretty simple, since it's based on coconut milk. The only part I'm not so clear on is what to do about the peanut flavoring. Anyone have some ideas?

Comments

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Cashews would be a good substitute although I think truely raw cashews can be tricky to find.

• Hi ZeeMox! :-)

TheRawFoodWorld.com sells Jungle Peanuts (of course, 100% truly raw) which I HEARD are great! Haven't tried them myself, but maybe it would be what you're looking for! Check it out. :-)

Also, if you do rather want to try cashews like sv3 suggested, TheRawFoodWorld.com has them too. I DID have those, and they are incredible! :-) Much better than the "normal" "raw" cashews.

Let us know what you decide to do!

• Fortunately, I live in a great place to be raw with reliable sources for truly raw cashes and almonds. I could probably find those peanuts as well. I just wasn't sure if the taste of raw peanuts would still blend as well as the roasted ones. I guess the only way to find out is to give it a shot :) If I establish a good recipe, I'll definitely share it here.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

The raw jungle peanuts don't have the peanutty taste you probably want. I'd play with almond butter - which is what I use in raw pad thai and it fools me!