Spoiled Green / Superfood smoothies?

Hey all!

I'm brand-spanking new to the raw lifestyle, but I haven't made the plunge just yet (I am in the process of moving, and I knowing me, I will be able to stick to a 100% for a month challenge once I am clear of all SAD food from sight at home)!

I wanted to ask, is it possible for a green smoothie to spoil throughout the day if it was blended with fresh, refrigerated vegetables (and non refrigerated fruit)? And at the same token, can a superfood smoothie containing strawberries, blueberries (both refrigerated) and acai powder become spoiled after hours since it has been made?

I hope this does not sound as stupid as I think it is! I am totally unclear when it comes to fruits and vegetables and when their nutritional value reaches a depression (well, besides learning about the dangers of cooked food, of course, haha).

Thanks so much for your wisdom!

Lets continue to shine our positive light onto this world,

Kamie24

Comments

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

The smoothie will start to separate, just shake it to blend it back up. Its best to consume them as soon as possible b/c the nutrients will start to die a bit. Also they taste better fresh. Consume your smoothies within 24 hrs- after that they start to taste off. Just keep your smoothies in an air-tight container (glass jar with tight lid works well), with as little room for air as possible in the refridge and you'll be ok.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

your smoothie will last all day. i've made them in the morning and then all of a sudden, i get in the mood for something else so i just leave the smoothie in the fridge until i want it. just blend it again before you drink it.

• Awesomeness! Sorry for the late response, but THANKS for your thoughts guys! :-D