germin8germin8 Raw Master

Does anyone get this magazine? Living Raw http://www.livingraw.com.au/

Does it compare to Get Fresh magazine?

Or is it more like Purely Delicious?

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Anyone read this magazine?

• Hi Germin8,

I am the editor of Living Raw Magazine, and thanks for inquiring about it on one of my favourite sites!

Living Raw is an Australian raw food magazine, dedicated to the lifestyle and culture in our region. We feature interviews with international and renowned raw foodies (our current issue features David Wolfe), with articles written by raw food practitioners - family members, naturopaths, chefs, and so on - who live in our region. There are abundant recipes, and Omid Jaffari from Tried.Tasted.Served has joined us as a regular contributor to our food section.

We're not really like Get Fresh or Purely Delicious (although I'm a big fan of both).

The magazine is in A4 format and printed on 100% Recycled Paper that is quite a heavy weight stock. The paper is matte and has a beautiful organic texture. I was very specific about the aesthetics of the magazine, so the paper and texture is just as important to me as having stunning photography and quality articles. My vision was to create a place to connect local voices and hear the stories of how raw foodies in Australia actually live. I'm not sure where you are, but here our seasons are at different times (of course!) and our summers are pretty long depending where you live. We're very lucky to have a bounty of fresh fruit and veggies, lots of local organic growers and tropical fruiting coming in from the northern states. I started the magazine with the idea to capture this, and connect our community - and further spread raw food to the world :)

I hope this has answered your questions. Feel free to email me directly if you like, my address is write @ livingraw.com.au (remove the spaces!).

Cheers,

Kate

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hi Kate, Thank you for the reply! I'm in the US, but I always like checking out raw food magazines. Sounds like you have great articles; I like the idea of connecting the local voices... By any chance, would you be posting a downloadable sample of an old edition for less... or for free? Just to get an idea...

Thanks.

• Hi germin8,

We have only just released Issue 3, so won't be releasing an old issue in digital just yet but it is something we are thinking of for the future. There's so much digital information these days that we really want to focus on the magazine as a print publication, I know that sounds kinda crazy as the internet is where everyone is at, but it's nice to have a physical artefact too :)

Most of our regular writers have their own sites, and may post versions of their articles there. Jess Loyer, our food editor, has the blog rawgastronomy.blogspot.com, naturopath Leisa Wheeler has contributed in Issue 2 and her blog is www.embracinghealth.com.au, Jennifer Thompson writes about travelling raw, her blog is healthybliss.net and Omid Jaffari from triedtastedserved.com has come on board as a regular recipe contributor too. My personal blog is www.rawandvegan.com (alas with magazine publishing I don't get as much a chance to blog there anymore!).

Cheers,

Kate