Hi everyone!

Hi, I'm Kathrin from Germany, a 24 year old soon-to-be-graduating student. I have been vegetarian for a couple of years with a strong focus on vegan food. But over the past weeks I have decided to change something about my diet which included a lot of unhealthy sweet and processed stuff - my goal is to simply get healthier and, if possible, lose a couple of pounds (well, there are quite some that have to go...... ;-)

So I did my research and found out about raw food. And after reading about all the benefits and success stories of other people I decided to give it a try! And right now, with all the heat outside it's the best time to start a raw diet, right?

I'm not 100% raw, just slowly adding more and more fresh stuff to my meals. At the moment I am trying to do a raw until dinner thing, which I try to follow, but (I have to admit) not always succeed with it. But, I am motivated and just continue trying :-)

Bye

Kathrin

Comments

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Hi Kathrin,

Welcome along and good luck with your raw journey. It sounds like you are ready to make improvements in your diet and I'd agree summer is an easier time to start increasing the raw food in your diet.

I also eat raw until dinner, but try to ensure my cooked meal is healthy + vegan. I've found it pretty easy to do this as love just eating fruit and salad during the day time.

If you are craving something, either find a good raw substitute or tell yourself you can have it if you still really want it in 4 hours time. The craving normally just wears off.

This site has some amazing recipes so get stuck in and keep trying! You'll be suprised how quickly you start to love raw.

• Hi Kathrin,

I am new to this raw food thing too. For 2 weeks it was really hard to keep it all raw. I mean with all the new ingredients and fruits and vegetables I don't know exists...But it's good that you are slowly easing into it. I am now on day 2 of 100 days raw. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Ann