Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Can i have some ideas on night raw snacks/cravings???

Can i have some ideas on night raw snacks??? i'm on my 8 day of the cleanse,i want to change to a more healthy night craving snack.

Almost every night me and my hubby watch movies before bed(we have no cable and don't need it)and i used to have a big bowl of popcorn and some times chips and salsa(this ones homemade natural nsalsa and organic chips from whole foods).

Any ideas for when my time comes??

Thanks!!

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I have the same problem as you, night time eating has always been an issue for me. So what I've done is I freeze blueberries and then I eat them while I'm watching tv. They take a while to eat because they are frozen so I suck on a couple of them at a time. And they are cold and sweet at the same time, so they help conquer that sweet craving, but they hydrate you at the same time. So next time your husband is eating popcorn or chips (and dying of thrist afterward), you can just eat frozen blueberries (or grapes if you prefer) and feel nice and hydrated!

• Lately I have been satisfying my nighttime snack cravings with kale chips and flax crackers. The kale chips are my fav. right now. You could even use the flax crackers (or fake tortilla chips, etc.) to scoop up that yummy homemade salsa. This is assuming you have a dehydrator, of course.

If I'm craving sweet, I'll snack on a few dates, or whip up a quickie banana ice cream.

• Yeah, I get this night time thing. I know it is best not to eat at night but it can be so hard not to sometimes! Lately, on those nights that I just HAVE to eat, I have been chopping up a red pepper into "chip" sized peices and dipping it in fresh salsa. Pretty good!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

AVL, I used to freeze grapes and do the exact same thing at night. It really worked for me.

It seems great minds think alike. :D

Swayze

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i have tried the frozen grapes, too, but they are WAY to cold for me!! haha it makes me think of crunching on ice

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

yeah i can't do the frozen fruit on it's own. though an old favorite of mine is frozen blueberries in some sort of sweet vanilla milk. mmmmmmmm.

usually i just snack on dried mangos or some sort of dried fruit/nut/spirulina/honey ball. the occasional flax cracker and dip but i don't have a dehydrator so if i buy them they're like 6 bucks a bag. eep!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Jicama!!!

it slices like a chip. It is AmAzinG with mango salsa. It would be great with any kind of salsa.

for popcorn, i would try the cauliflower with nutritional yeast.. i bet it's good.

cheers!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I would do fruit or greens. Greens preferable to fruit the later it is. I've been found munching on whole bags or containers of spinach.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

When I go to the movie theater, I sometimes bring grapes. I don't even try to hide them, the movie people just look at me funny ; )

• Kale chips definitely help to provide that savory, crunchy, salty snack. Chips and salsa were my favorite evening snack too. Now I have raw ice cream or kale chips, sometimes corn-flax crackers and salsa, and sometimes avocado on lettuce with salt and pepper. The avocado lettuce is so simple but it provides healthy fats, satisfying crunch, salty flavor, and is totally good for you. I got my partner hooked on it too. Sprinkle the avocado with paprika for a deviled egg flavor.

Also, salted and spiced dehydrated sunflower and pumpkin seeds (first soak overnight, mix with salt and garlic powder, dehydrate until crunchy.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

eecho, I bring grapes to the theater too! Way better than popcorn. I even bring them to restaurants (when I actually go to them) and put them on a salad. :)

Swayze

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

i would say fresh or frozen fruit, or some homemade salsa with veggies for dipping

• Sweet potato chips are awesome as a snack!