How much juice do you prepare at a time?

I've read mixed reviews about how long fresh juice holds all its nutrients. We have only been doing this for two days and so far, we are juicing just what we are drinking. I would like to juice, chill in the fridge then drink over the next 24 to 36 hours, but I've read mixed reviews on how long the juice holds all its nutrients. How much juice do you make at a time and how long do you keep it for?

TIA!

Chris

Comments

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

Any Fruit juice is going to stay fresh longer due to it's natural citric acid and its sugar. I understand your desire to want to juice in bulk. As easy as my juicer is to clean it..I still hate having to clean 3 times a day. I really feel I could be a more successful juice faster/cleanser if I were able to juice just a crap ton of juice and have it throughout the day but it just doesn't taste as good. Even 20 minutes after the fact. I have tried putting it in large tupperware drink containers shoving a TON of ice in to keep it super fresh and it worked...that is until the ice melted. Being here in California ...the ice melted fast :)

I have heard of people freezing it in serving size containers then taking them out when they need them later on in the day...like at work but haven't tried it myself. I am starting a new job soon so I may be trying it! If you make a green juice, just trying adding a whole pineapple or lots of oranges. Something high in citrus!

Cheers and good health!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

cleaning the juicer is my biggest annoyance so i try to juice a lot of fruits and veggies at once. only certain kinds though like watermelon juice, carrot juice, and cucumber juice. those sit better in the fridge i've noticed. not longer than 3 days though. other juices like apple juice, pear juice, and orange juice- i like to have those fresh. as for the nutrients, obviously, having fresh is the best, but if you can't, i wouldn't worry about the nutrient loss so much. i couldn't be that drastic.