Raw vegan cake company :D

Hey my names Vicky and I live in the UK. In the summer of 2010 im going on a charity expedition to Kenya to help build a school and teach there (amongst some scuba diving :P), the problem with this is; it ain't cheap. Including visa, passport, jabs and all the other costs as well as the trip it comes to around

Comments

• I would I would!

• :) thank you

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Sounds very interesting, I would definitely be interested in one, specially when it's for such a good cause, I'm wondering about shipping though, how would it work?

• thats one problem im trying to iron out. I know kate magic at raw living ships raw cakes and im wondering how its done. I was thinking maybe refridgerated shipping?? Any ideas would be appreciated!!

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

Sounds like a good idea but like you said shipping may be a big problem. Obviously if your in the UK shipping to the USA is out of the question. Shipping in and around the UK may work but its prob. going to be expensive. When you factor in the cost of making the cakes you wouldn't be able to mark them up very much and then shipping on top of that, your looking at a $50-75 cake. I think they may be hard to sell. Sorry to be negative, I hope it works for you! Good luck! The good thing is your cause so people may be willing to fit the bill for that reason and your cakes would have to be exceptional!(which they may be)

• Your not being negative, your being realistic! Im definately going to stick this one through and see if i can come up with a way around this shipping problem...

• I would suggest trying Raw crackers or nuts ect. that could be shipped in a less expensive manner and last longer etc. HTH Jodi I live in the US or I'd offer to come help you.