Hives! HELP!!

I am minutes away from breaking down and taking Benadryl! Any other suggestions would be great : ) My arms, shoulders, chest, abdomen and upper legs are covered with little bumps and have been for 3 days now. Everyday it spreads out a bit more. I know it's not poison oak/ivy because it itches only off and on. Sun aggravates it as well as taking a shower or bath.

Nicole

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

have you been raw for a while?? the first 5 or 6 months of my detox i was usually covered in hives every day. VERRYYYY itchy and irritating, but they are all gone now (this is my 9th month). i used oatmeal baths, teabag baths, aloe vera, and quit using lotions.

• Thanks Joanna. I've been Raw for 6 months and never had serious detox problems aside from the first 5 days or so. I think that was just because of the coffee withdrawals though. I ate 2 cups of walnuts over a 3 day period so I'm thinking it's a nut allergy. I've never had an issue with them before but maybe it was the excessive amount : ) My whole family is pressuring me to ake an antihistamine but I really don't want to!

Nicole

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

Me also just about 10 months raw, I notice lately that stuff is coming out of my skin (bumps, scars, splinters etc. ) . Just like there is still some damage left in my skin that needs to be repaired after a decade or so and my body is now ready for it to put the dot on the i. It's very interesting stuff 8).

• Okay, I broke down and took 2 Benadryl and nothing! It may just be detox like you both thought. Thanks for the advice! Off to take a nice oatmeal bath : )

Nicole