Master Cleanse and training

Hi all,

Im new as well to this forum. Well Ive been perusing for a while but this is my first time ever really posting. I would like to do a master cleanse for 10 days or so then begin a mostly raw diet. I am also training for a marathon through Team inTraining and we do not really have time to take a hiatus from the schedule. We are up to doing 15+ miles on Saturdays and training during the week. I am scared to start the cleanse with the training, however I think ultimately I will have more energy so Id like to get started. Has anyone ever done the cleanse while exercising this much or training? I tried it for a few days before and had to go to the bathroom so badly on my run so I stopped. Any advice would be great! Thanks!!

Comments

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

fasting is traditionally thought of as a time of rest for the body. resting the digestive system, lots of rest, allows the body to heal. you could try "banana island" or something like that for detox. you could search banana island in the search function.

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

I continue to exercise while on the Master Cleanse, but not anywhere near what you are talking about. And there are days I just don't feel up to it when I hit stages of detox. I would suggest waiting until you don't have those kinds of demands on you, and you are free to listen to your body. On most days, you may very well have more energy than usual. But there might be other days you don't want to get out of bed - you wouldn't want that to happen on a Saturday!