100% people, what kitchen items did you think you wouldn't need but they actually come in handy?

I'm thinking about shedding some of my multitudes of kitchen equipment when I go fully raw, but I am just wondering if there are good weird hidden uses to conventional cooked food gadgets. Thanks!

Comments

• you can make noodles from a peeler instead of a spiralizer..... i have heard some hardcore 100%'ers say all they need is a ceramic blade knife, a chopping board, and a high-speed blender. you can juice if you have a high speed blender and a nut milk bag. I've done that.... it's not that good for root vegetables, but it works for the more watery veg.

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

I wrote a long post about my experiences as a 100% raw newbie and my progression of kitchen appliances. Here's the long version (skip the first couple of paragraphs).

The short version of what was most important to me is this:

0. Crappy blender (already had that though)

1. Food processor***** best kitchen item ever, for me

2. Coffee grinder for flax

3. Dehydrator (I used the oven with the door cracked before I got my dehydrator)

----

I still haven't upgraded to a better blender yet. When my current blender dies I'll get a Blendtec or Vitamix. Funny thing is I've never desired a juicer, probably because I hate cleaning things out! My next purchase is going to be a julienne slicer.

I can't say that I've really had much use for many of my other normal appliances. Turf them all, I say!!!!! :) Except the little things, like slicers and that kind of thing, garlic presses, and that kind of thing.

Good luck!