kale chips

daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I recently started making kale chips, I love them! In the past I made them with olive oil, lemon juice and salt, those I didn't care for. Now I use cashews, lime juice, red bell pepper, and nutritional yeast. They are delicious. I am trying to get away from using as many nuts and was thinking of replacing the cashews with avocado. Has anyone tried this? I do prefer the chips with the thick coating.

Comments

• when I made them I just used kale shredded and sprayed with olive oil and salt and nutritional yeast, and they sucked. i don't know what the kind are that have the thick coating but I would really like to find a recipe for these that are both low calorie and tasty! Maybe someone will give us the scoop! :-)

• Hi guys,

I have made tons of kale chips and everyone I mean every one loves them. I have an archaic Ronco dehydrator, but ti's fulfilling my needs for now.

1/2 Kale torn into chip sizes

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp salt (opt) or1 tsp Braggs (opt)

1 Tbsp nutritional yeast

After thoroughly cleaning and tearing the kale, put it in a bowl and sprinkle half the ingredients on top. Then massage and mix until you're confindent everything is coated. The repeat with the rest of the spices.

Dehydrate unti crisp (about 2 hours but sometimes more-it's safe to dehydrate overnight to, they'll just be supercrispy like Layys potato chips)

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

So I made these Kale chips and I swear they taste like that Goddess Dressing. That cant be bad right? I personally thought it was a bit heavy on the apple cider vinegar so the recipe I am giving you represents a change. The extra apple cider vinegar didn't make it taste bad by any means, just a bit much for me.

For this recipe use approx 1.5 heads of kale.

Dressing:

3/4 cups sesame tahini (I like to make my own)

1/4 cup nama shoyu

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup water ~ more if needed

2 scallion

1 clove garlic

1 lemon, juiced

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

daniefon, you could try using sunflower seeds instead of cashews. I'm sure it would work as well.

I love kale chips but tend to scale down the amount of nuts I use and they're still lovely.