Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

80/10/10 and Candida

erinerin Raw Superstar

Hello everyone.

I'm dealing with an overgrowth of candida and am interested in learning more about the 80/10/10 diet and candida.

I do not need explanations on how the diet works. I can find that all over the internet. What I'm looking for is testimonials from people who have healed their candida overgrowth with the 80/10/10 diet.

Please reply to this if you have done that or if there is another thread that you know of that addresses this topic please let me know.

Thank you!!

meganclaire

Comments

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

Hi Erin, There are quite a few threads on thi site that may help. Here are a couple of examples. I think Joannabanana has had a positive experience with 811 and candida, but I know not everyone has the same results. Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.goneraw.com/forum/acne-caused-candida

http://www.goneraw.com/forum/raw-food-can-cure-candida

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Thanks very much RawKaren! I'll check those posts out.

Just as a clarification to the post for everyone- I'm not only looking for people who have done 811 and had a good experience getting rid of candida, but I'd also like to hear from anyone who has tried it with no results or bad results in regards to candida.

I know many people can get very defensive about this diet bc it has worked so well for them. Just want to let you all know that I'm not trying to say it's bad or good, because I know it has worked for many people. I would just like to hear the good and the bad so that I can better make the decision as to whether it is right for me.

• HI there,

I've eaten this way for 5 years (seven years total raw) and I love it. Before I was eating high fruit/low fat I used to get regular yeast infections and I haven't had a single one since eating a mostly fruitarian diet. If I add more fat in my diet, the yeasties come back.

Try it. You will love it. Just be sure to eat enough fruit to stay satisfied. It's easy to not eat enough with mostly fruit.

Have a lovely day!

Audrey

www.rawhealing.com

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Thanks so much chilove, today is my first day eating 811 and so far so good.

As far as how much I should eat, do I need to meet my caloric needs even if that means eating more than I am satisfied with? I'm getting the book in soon and am sure that will be cleared up well there. For now I'm trying to make sense of it all and put all the pieces together from here and there.

Also, I saw something on a forum I read that mentioned eating a certain type of fruit for your first meal then another for lunch and then a meal with veggies at night. Do you know anything about that?

Thanks so much for your help! It's greatly appreciated.

• Hi Erin,

I think that you should loosely track your calories for awhile to make sure that you are getting near your calorie need for the day until you get used to eating this way. Fruits and greens have fewer calories than nuts and seeds so you may be needing to eat a bit more than you are used to. Don't stress on it though.

No, don't worry about eating certain foods at certain meals other than not eating fruit after eating any obvious fats (so it makes sense that if you are going to have some overt fat on a certain day to have it be the last meal of the day), just stay satisfied and enjoy!!!

Blessings,

Audrey

www.rawhealing.com

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

erin, i mostly follow 80/10/10 but i still eat some cooked veggies at dinner. i used to have terrible thrush outbreaks before i started lowering my fat intake and eating more fruit. i haven't had thrush since i started. i followed the diet pretty strictly for about 4 months, but personally, i have more energy when i still include fat in my diet everyday.

about caloric needs- for the first week i used fitday.com just to see if i was eating enough and to see what my ratio of carbs, lipids, and fat were. after that, i became good at estimating how much of my diet is from fat and vice versa.

besides the diet, i also get a lot of sleep- usually 8-10 hours a night and i like being outside as much as possible.

meganclaire
  • kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

Hi! I'd just like to share my experience. When I first switched to a raw diet I ate high-fat, raw gourmet. After a while I started getting candida symptoms. I had the symptoms for two months and was MISERABLE. I tried all the low-sugar, low-fruit (and only low-glycemic fruits), greens and veggies diets and found that it wasn't sustainable and my symptoms weren't getting better, but actually worse. I tried the garlic, the probiotics and prebiotics, herbs, enemas and all that CRAZY stuff that get's pushed by all the other raw food "gurus" and nothing worked. It felt so unnatural to give up fruit that I loved so much so one day I saw some posts about an all fruit, low-fat diet and decided to try it out because nothing else was working. After 2 days on all fruit I felt amazing! My candida symptoms disappeared during that first week on fruit. I felt better and better everyday. I couldn't believe that the symptoms I was struggling with for 2 months were gone after only a few days on fruit. I still eat this way because I love it so much. I've never felt and looked healthier than I do now. I'd also like to add that I was spending so much money on supplements, herbs, tonics, probiotics, etc. trying to find a "cure" for candida that didn't work and I spent about 75% less when buying all the fruit that gave my body all the nourishment it needed to heal itself.

Wish you the best on your journey :)

meganclaire
  • erinerin Raw Superstar

Thank y'all so much. All the information has really helped.

Kellyanne, your situation sounds VERY similar to mine. I too didn't know what candida was until I started a gourmet high fat raw diet. I tried the "anti-candida diet" with all the probiotics, antifungal herbs, etc. and no fruit. That felt EXTREMELY unnatural and unsustainable.

I started eating by the 811 guidelines yesterday, and already I can see improvements. The rashes I had on my face are much less red and less dry already.

Thanks to everyone once again!

Erin

meganclaire
  • kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

I'm glad to see that you are already seeing improvements! Keep us posted :)

• meganclairemeganclaire Raw Newbie

Thank you all so much for talking about this! I have been treating candida for 8 months now using an absolutely no sugar, high fat, moderate protein diet + tons and tons of probiotics and supplements....I felt great for about the first two months, then the symptoms (bloating, an always "full" feeling) started to come back. For the last two weeks, I have felt so awful (super bloated....I look like I'm pregnant). Last night I stumbled on this 80-10-10 diet and am so surprised and thrilled to find that people are having success on it!

Any good books to learn more? I've heard about "the live food factor"...is that a good one?

Thank you thank you so much for talking about this!

ClaireT
  • sandrolsandrol Raw Newbie
    Hey everyone! Thaks for sharring... Erin, how is the situation? I am giving 811 a shot to bit a 2 years old systemic candida infection. Iam on the end of the 1st week with zero fat (besides the naturally included on vegetables and fruits) and I got a veeeery big overgrowth today. Is it a symptom of getting better or a red sign to stop the experiment? Thank you all so much! Sandro (Sorry about bad english)
    ClaireT