Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anyone use Neem?

I've been doing a little research on Neem, and I was wondering if any of you have used it? Any advice or experience with it?

Comments

• Anyone?

• I've used organic shampoo with neem in it and did like the shampoo. That's all of the neem experience I have. Sorry.

• Thanks for your response. I was reading this book on neem, and of course they have all of these amazing claims on what it can cure. I always wonder how much you can believe because it seems like everyone has some miracle cure.

• I dont use shampoo, but I use neem on my dog and it works well....sorry about the unflattering, unintentional comparison...but it's my experience with neem : )

• I tried it on me and my dog when we had weird spots from lake algae on us. Didn't do much but stain badly and smell horrible. Olive Leaf was WAY better, ditto Tea Tree Oil. What are you trying it for?

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I've tried neem oil for skin (smells like a mix of peanut butter and onions, with undertones of cat vomit). I think it works, but it smells so bad I couldn't use it for too long. But it's better for me than tea tree oil, which my skin reacts to as though it were battery acid.

I've taken neem powder capsules to help fight infection, and I found it very helpful.

I've also used sachets of neem powder in cabinets and drawers to repel pests, and I'd say it does a moderately good job. I've had less success using neem oil to repel pests in the garden, but I'll be trying it again in the spring.

• I was thinking about trying it for several things. They have toothpaste, shampoo, lotions, etc. I have had some weird dandruff for quite a while, and it seems like nothing will clear it up. I was also thinking about the toothpaste because it seems like my teeth have been weaker lately. According to this book (of course I don't believe everything I read) it is just amazing stuff, and I was wondering if any "real" people had tried it. They weren't trying to sell anything in the book which is why I thought that some of it might be accurate.

I was also thinking of trying it in my garden next year. We didn't have too many pests, but there were some flea beetles that wreaked havoc on some of my plants...

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I think it's an ingredient in a couple things I use. I think argan is touted to have more positive effects? Or similar.

• NyahzNyahz Raw Newbie

I've used Neem creams and Neem Seed oil for skin and didn't find them too effective, altho on the plus side, I didn't react to it like other creams, etc. It definitely has a NASTY smell, "a mix of peanut butter and onions, with undertones of cat vomit" is putting it lightly IMO!

If you're looking for something hydrating maybe try almond or jojoba oil?