Actual Raw agave?!

I know there was some debate over whether or not you could get RAW agave. Many people said it was a lot like maple syrup – that you couldnt get it sweet unless it was heated. I dont use agave a lot, but when i do i was trying to find some that was closer to its natural state. I found a company that claims that agave can be reduced at lower temps (specifically under 118F) that it just takes longer. I picked up a bottle today to try.. heres the company’s statement. I emailed them, and they confirmed it was true. <shrug> ill have to take them at their word, but it would be nice to think its possible! just wanted to share…

“Specially produced at temperatures below 118 degrees F to minimize enzymatic breakdown and deliver a full, natural flavor, Organic Raw Blue Agave Nectar is perfect for everyone, including raw-food enthusiasts! This amber nectar has a distinct and delicious flavor that genuinely enhances foods’ natural sweetness. It is 25% sweeter than sugar, so less is needed. It is certified Organic and GMO-Free, and appropriate for vegan and plant-based diets. It is stable, non-crystallizing and quick dissolving. And it has a fantastic taste! (www.organicsyrups.biz)

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Alissa Cohen sells on her site what she claims is TRUELY Raw Agave. Apparently all the others out there that say raw are heated above the allowed raw foodist temps.

• There is no regulation for RAW. They could say they are heated at low temps…but who is checking? There is no Raw Certification process.