I heard some SAD talk today....

I work at an answering service where we page doctors during and after business hours. Tonight a lady called and explained her problem like this:

"A week ago I was a normal person. Then my asthma started acting up and the doctor gave me ______ to take. Well that gave me blood pressure problems and yesterday I had to go to the emergency room. Now the same thing is happening again."

Isn't this just sad? I think a lot of us have had moments where we knew how affected we were from the SAD food. "A week ago I was a normal person," she said. And then the doctor gave her medicine.

At the job I have, it's hard to refrain from saying, "EAT RAW FOOD!!" Because I, too, have heard similar statements from raw foodists, except they'll say that they were HEALED by raw food. Asthma, Hepatitis, diabetes, depression, acne, and the list goes on!

Thanks for reading

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i wish my asthma was healed from raw food. medicine never worked for me though. it doesn't surprise me that her medicine screwed up something else in her body.

• WhiteAppleWhiteApple Raw Newbie

I had "exercise induced asthma" (probably because as a kid I never played sports or did anything active) and I always had this sharp pain in my right lung (I was born with a hole in that lung) and raw food gave me the energy to overcome all that with exercise and now I breather better.

• I ate some Korean stew two days ago, and yesterday morning I woke up with the salt-induced dry-mouth and grog that goes along with sad food...I hear you, I feel SO intensely satisfied when I eat fruit...and then really pretty miserable and pathetic when I woke up after that Chigae with my boss...

• I know that in the UK, a fifth of all hospitalisations are because of adverse reactions to medication. Crazy!