Tell me about your Juicer

I am in the market for a new juicer. If you have a juicer tell me which one, the pros and cons that you have experienced using your juicer. Would you prefer another juicer or are you happy with the one you have.

Thank you,

Renee

Comments

• weeping_willowweeping_willow Raw Newbie

I recently bought a GE juicer. It's pretty good considering it only cost me $50. The feed is large, so I don't have to chop my fruits and veggies up into miniscule pieces. The only thing I don't like about it is that when I turn it on, it jolts a bit too forcefully. I have to hold it in place for that first second. After that, it runs perfectly well.

I'm sure there are many better juicers out there, but I would recommend this one if you're on a budget and need something to suffice until you can upgrade your model or brand.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I have a Breville Juice Fountain Elite, which is very fast, has a large feed chute (so no excessive cutting necessary), and is relatively easy to clean. However, it doesn't do a very good job at juicing greens, and wheatgrass is out of the question.

I also have a Solostar, which does wheatgrass and is generally a very efficient juicer, but takes much more time to juice, time to cut whatever you're juicing into pieces small enough to fit, and sometimes takes muscle to push the produce down the chute. However, it does have a homogenizing plate, which you can use for making smooth pates or frozen banana ice cream. Sadly, I've broken the juice screen for the second time, and at this point I don't know if I'll replace it.

The Green Star seems like a great juicer, but I don't juice enough to justify the $500-$600 price tag.

Good luck on your quest!

• I purchased the Hurricane Manual Juicer to use for wheatgrass and found it very difficult to turn the handle. I sent it back and they said it wasn't defective-although it seems like it was. I didn't get a refund/exchange. They gave me a discount off another juicer for returning it. I ordered the Omega 8003 because it doesn't heat the juice at all due to slow RPM. That was my first priority in buying a juicer. It can be used for wheatgrass which is my main interest but it will also juice carrots, beets, etc. as long as they're cut into pieces first.