Muscle recovery after weight training

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I started working out with a personal trainer 3 weeks ago. I'm NOT new to training at all, but I wanted a challenge. So I train with him twice a week and on my own once a week. He pushes me to the point where I can't walk or lift my arms anymore. I feel really tired at the end of my training session, anticipating being really sore the next day or the day after that. But I never get sore! Could it be because I eat a high raw food diet? Before being raw I used to be really sore the day or 2 after a workout, but now no matter how hard I train, I just don't get sore.

Comments

• That's awesome! Hope I get there!

• jakkrabbitjakkrabbit Raw Newbie

I'm not raw yet, (hopefully transitioning this month) but I barely get any post-workout soreness either, even though I've really upped my workout intensity for this month compared to last month. I think just the combination of proper warmups, my body being stronger generally, good stretching after my workouts, an immediate hot or cold shower depending on what it seems like my muscles need, and sometimes a little Arnica cream on any area that seemed to get really stressed by the workout, is what prevents killer post-workout soreness for me.

I am sure though that raw definitely helps your muscle recovery and your strength/vitality/health all around, leading to your whole body functioning better. I can't wait to go raw...