Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fed up!!!

Ive been eating raw dehydrated buckwheat with some fruit everyday, now that the buckwheat is finished im trying to eat just fruit. I find it hard because im eating the same fruit everyday, grapefruits, pink lady apples, ambrosia apples, and pears. Im getting bored of it lol. I dont have any good recipes or anything that will satisfy me. Should i add other fruit? Everytime I stop eating buckwheat its been 3 days now since I stopped, I want it back. Is that bad? I wanted to make a veggie soup but without the nuts or avacado in it. I dont know a good recipe. I seem to get bored of eating the same fruit everyday, its like im depriving myself from what i really like eating and thats dehydrated buckwheat. I just love the taste I can seriously eat a whole bag of buckwheat and never get fed up LOL. What should I do to satsify myself ? I keep thinking of cooked lentils or cooked rice again:/ I dont eat no cooked food at all!!!!

Comments

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Melon is very cleansing..grapes and figs too. For colon cleansing, i meant trying enemas (you can buy at any pharmacy) or getting it professionally done.

• rawpretzelarawpretzela Raw Newbie

So, erin you said

• I noticed when I just eat fruit i seem to get gas, why? when i eat the dehydrated buckwheat with the fruit i seem to feel more ok ,i dont really get baloated , what causes it. Is there already natural gas in fruit or something?

• Is denying yourself the foods you want making you happy? Food should be enjoyed, not feared :). Don't worry about it - eat whatever you want to. Your diet should never be more important than your health or your happiness, my friend. Go forth and make a big pot of lentils and rice :).

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Hey there sweet, fruit is the way to go! You are definitely headed in the right direction.

The reason why you crave buckwheat is probably because you aren't getting enough calories from sweet fruit. When our bodies don't get enough simple sugars from fruit they look to more dense foods such as dehydrated or cooked grains. The fruits you mentioned that you are eating aren't very calorically dense. Some fruits you can add in that have more calories per bite are bananas, mangoes (they're in season right now and YUMMY!), grapes, figs, dates, etc. Also, the general rule when eating a fruit meal is to eat until you don't even want to think about food anymore.

You should never have to deny yourself something you are wanting, however, if you are eating enough sweet fruit calories, you won't even THINK about cooked food.

The reason fruit causes gas sometime is b/c when there is excess fat in our digestive system, the fruit cannot be digested straight away and begins to ferment in our bellies. When there isn't too much fat, it goes right through seamlessly. Also, never combine fruits with fats.

I really hope this has helped. If you are interested in eating more fruit you can check out 30bananasaday.com it's a fruity forum.

Also, I have a low fat raw vegan recipe blog.... www.the811recipespot.blogspot.com It's pretty new, but I post a new recipe about every other day. Some are all fruit meals, but there are some savory meals as well. All with no or little over fats!

Have a fruity day!

• Thanks for the help, but I dont eat fats with the fruit. I dont even eat fats. can fruit be combined with buckwheat? I noticed when I eat fruit alone I get cramps, when I add the buckwheat i dont get cramps:S

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Fruit can cause a lot of gas for a while, at least for me it did. It took about a month of clean eating (fruit & veggies) and also regular enemas to relieve the gas and bloating. I would recommend colon cleansing and I'm pretty sure that should settle things down a bit.

• what kind of fruit should i eat? to do the colon cleansing.

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Rawpretzela,

I did say never combine fruits with fats, however, it was worded poorly and should have been worded like this.

Never combine sweet fruit with fats.

The only fruits that can be correctly combined with fats are acid fruits. (For more on food combining and what is considered an acid fruit see www.rawfoodexplained.com)

By fats, I mean foods that are considered overt fats (high percentage of calories from fat) such as nuts, seeds, avocados, durians, coconut meat, etc.

Fats should not be combined with sweet fruit b/c sweet fruit digests VERY quickly and fat takes a lot longer to digest. So what happens when you eat sweet fruit and fats together is that the fruit is broken down very quickly in your stomach and must stay in your digestive system while it waits for the fat to digest before they can both move on. While the fruit is waiting for the fat to be digested it begins to ferment causing gas and acidity.

I hope that clears things up and I'm very sorry for not being clear about what I meant in my first post! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Also Sweet - I meant to add to my last post that yes...at first eating fruit alone can cause some digestive issues such as gas, bloating etc.

I only had this problem for a little less than a week when switching to a high fruit diet so I don't have a ton of experience, but I'll tell you what worked for me.

My best advice is to find something that causes the least amount of gas and eat ONLY that in mono meals. If you can't eat just one fruit at least do mono meals (only 1 fruit/meal) or mono days if possible. Eventually this will heal your digestive system and you will no longer have any problems. This is expounded on a bit, although not too much, in The 80/10/10 Diet by Douglas Graham. Basically he says that you should just keep at it and it will heal itself.

Hope that helps, best of luck. Keep us posted and let us know how it goes!

• Get some different fruits. Try something new. After you've eaten a healthy amount of fruit, then have some buckwheat and enjoy it. Eat a BIG salad. If you still want rice and beans- THEN have it. Enjoy it. Fill up on raw fruits and greens. Enjoy some buckwheat, rice and beans.

• Thanks!!! for the replies. Ive been eating just fruit these days, im feeling alot better:)

• sweet, why don't you want to eat raw, dehydrated buckwheat? It sounds like you enjoyed it and it worked well with your body. and its raw. so why stop?

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

Eat more fat, preferably coconut oil and raw nuts. Combine as much fat as you want with fruit. Stop worrying about some ideal diet that is based on fallacies. Live your life :)

Just an fyi from someone who has read Dr. D's book and actually done the research on it, most the stuff he says is absolute BS.

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Yep, BS or not, it's cured my candida, rashes, fatigue, emotional eating, binge eating, cravings, mood swings, etc. AND it's made me the person that I want to be. And I am filled with love and happiness and positive energy. All thanks to fruit!!! And when I eat fat....well I feel like poop!

• I love dehydrated buckwheat its been a week now since i stopped eating it, ive been eating just fruit, three main ones, grapefruit apples and pears, and a bit of romaine lettuce. I dont really like eating fats, I feel if I keep eating buckwheat i will get fat. Isnt it alot of carbs and calories, I can eat about hree cups a day sometimes. But Now that im eating fruit i cant stop eating it, my stomach feels so baloated sometimes I feel like its going to burst LOL. And I havnt even been drinking alot of water. What is BS by the way?

• I just wish I can eat properly, I seem to eat the fruit very quickly , sometimes rushing. I eat when im not hungry too.

I just wish I can eat a normal healthy diet , with some cooked rice and veggies. I swear before going raw on just fruit and veggies, I used to eat healthy anyway, I used to make rice ,buy oatmeal, im more of a grain eater I love grains. But I hear that grains are bad for you and should be left out, why is that? My blood type is A positive. . I would just like to know instead of eat rice, Is it better to cook the rice or have the dehydrated buckwheat? I want to know if buckwheat makes you fat and if its healthy for you to maintain weight, , even eaten in big quantaties? like three cups a day? Thanks everyone.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Inactivity could cause you to gain weight.

• Today in total I had 14 fruits thats all. No other veggie or nut nothing. Im so used to eating just 4 kinds of different things, can I mono eat on buckwheat?

I work most of the time ,I never like just sitting down, im always walking or standing. I do drive a car, I just want more solids in my diet, I cant handle all that water weight it makes me feel so heavy and my stomach sticks out lol , i dont know what to do, ive been eating fruits and veggies so long now, i Love fruit and still want to eat it, I just need something more solid.

Why do you feel like you need our approval for it?

• Im just wondering if somone can survive on just fruit . Where else can you get the calories.

Raw calories?

Fruit or fats.

Cooked is a different story. Have you thought about trying steamed sweet potatoes instead of buckwheat?

• I used to eat sweet potatoes , they are amazing!!

I perfer raw calories though, from fruit.

I usually boiled the sweet potatoes but , isnt potatoes very starchy> Is it startchier than raw dehydrated buckwheat?

Hmm, I don't know about starchiness, but as far as digestibility and processing (something dehydrated/packaged versus a produce item), the sweet potatoes would be better in my opinion. If you think 100 calories or being 15% starchier for one small food item is going to make a difference in "making you fat" as you say a lot, I don't know what to say or suggest, except maybe yoga and working on positive body statements/thoughts and loving yourself more, regardless of what you eat.

• wow, definitely agree with what you said superfood2 ("working on positive body statements/thoughts and loving yourself more, regardless of what you eat")

sweet- I think that you should honestly stop looking to other people. Do what is right for YOU, do what feels good to YOU. Your statements sound confused and scattered. It sounds like you used to be happy eating rice, potatoes, and buckwheat (along with other whole, raw foods) UNTIL some one told you that it was bad. But it worked for you, no? I do not take other peoples' advice unless it a) makes sense and is backed by other sources -- you should actually know the facts before you try it! and b) actually works well with my body. I continue to eat oats/sweet potatoes/buckwheat and foods with gluten because I personally do not have a gluten intolerance. It is absolutely necessary, for me, to ignore a lot of dialogue about this or that type of diet -- the newest, best diet seems to shift every few years anyway until it is proven wrong or lacking. I choose what I like and what makes me feel good. I do moderate exercise (bike places, go to the gym a few times a week) and eat a really calorically high diet (note: I am not 100% raw) and I weigh less than when I had an eating disorder and actively tried to restrict myself in order to lose weight. The fact that I am constantly supplying my body with nutrient dense foods allows my metabolism to fire all day - and what I do consume goes to energy expenditure not fat storage because my body is not in a "fasting mode" like when I was restricting. Especially if you are eating a clean, healthy diet you should not worry about gaining weight.

• can i cook some lentils instead? or should I sprout them?

You can do either and "should" do whatever you want to. :)

haha. Well, I read your post, Bronte. :)

It is interesting how much you love the buckwheat and want it so much. It seems you'll think about it too much if you don't eat it.....and end up binging on it or something else and continuing your cycle of negative body image/body talk. I'd say eat some per day and enjoy it but consider some low-fat and grain-free cooked items as well if you need more calories.

• wow sweet, I expected a more thoughtful response, not another question asking for someone else's approval. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahaha

• LOL thanks for the advice :) I wanted to make some raw soup, any suggestions on how to make a really good one!!