My vegetables on conveyor belt at store after someone put meat on it, what to do?

valgal123valgal123 Raw Newbie

This probably isn't a big deal, but today when I was at the store putting my vegetables (not in bags) right on the belt and I saw that the person in front of didn't have there beef in a bag. it was it the styrofoam tray vacuum sealed or whatever, but still...

Advice would be helpful thanks

Comments

• Unless the meat was bleeding on the conveyor, don't worry about it.

• I can't imagine what sort of reaction you'd have if you considered what actually touches the fruit and veggies you eat before you do.

Worrying about this is paranoid, to put it bluntly.

• I sometimes struggle with these kind of thoughts as well; I call them my "OCD" thoughts. :)

But honestly, you just have to let this kind of stuff go otherwise you will just end up making life too hard for YOU. You cannot control everything that happens. Unless you choose to never go anywhere, you are going to run into things like this all of the time. And just think (or don't!) about everything that happens that you don't see?

Just kill the thought before it goes any further.

Have a beautiful day! :)

• Oh, I should have added to soak your stuff in water with some vinegar for a while. As Alexa mentioned, other stuff touches your food too. So, definately give it a good soaking. But, don't get paranoid about it and cause yourself more grief then neccessary.