Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

AVOCADO

Is a whole avocado a bit high fat to have in a day? If you've had oil on salad too. I would like to lose some weight on this diet, so would this be a no go?

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

you will get a lot of different opinions on this. it also depends on what else you are eating. you want to feel full, so if the avocado helps with that, then i'd say it's a good thing.

• Well I eat them with full green salads, then the rest of my food is fruit.

• It doesn't sound like you are gorging yourself on it. Enjoy your avacado and oil on your salad.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

If you're goal is to lose weight then do whatever you want as long as the numbers go down. If they don't then change something.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i think it's fine. i went through a phase where a salad wasn't complete without a whole avocado. now i just use half.

• Okay, thank you everyone. I will see how I go with it.

• I try not to eat it everyday because I have seeds and oils on salads usually, but I do love them! But should I be careful with fruit if I want to lose some weight?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

no, don't be careful with fruit if you want to lose weight. be careful with oils, nuts, seeds, powders.

• What about sugar levels though? Or because I am eating low cal anyway, I don't need to worry? Sorry about all the questions!

what about sugar levels? what's your question? maybe someone who had sugar issues can help you.

i eat high fruit and have no sugar issues. in fact, i think grains and high fat foods cause sugar issues.

• Low-calorie is always a bad idea, not only because it impairs your body's everyday self-maintenance but also because the natural reaction to reduced calorie intake is a slowed metabolism, which means you will actually put on weight much quicker than usual. Stay vegan, avoid grains, and get plenty of exercise, and you're on the right track. Don't forget, lots and lots of fruit!

• Sorry, what I meant about sugar levels is some fruits are naturally high in sugar, so your blood sugar levels can raise and also fall dramatically, causing the body to store fat. So that is why I was asking about eating fruit.

I don't think fruit causes spikes in blood sugar.

• Okay. I will stick to it anyway as I am feeling TONS better. Thanks guys.