Hello from Iraq!

Hello all! I have been raw now for about 2 months, since that time I have lost 55-60lbs. without really even trying. I started this because my wife had mentioned that she wanted to eat more raw, like 75-80%. I started researching the merits of raw and quickly seen the health advantages and common sense of it. I started immediately. I had always been a big meat eater, never thought I would do this, but my biggest goal is for my family to be healthy, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, and finacially. I figure for this to happen I need to lead by example. I weighed 255-260 when I started, was not fat per sey, but was heavy I guess. I did not even try to lose this wieght, it melted away, I did not really exercise much besides the ride to and from work. Now I am a little less than 200, I weigh again in a week, been weighing about every 3 weeks. I had always thought I ate healthy but now I see the truth about health. I am somewhat limited here, on a mil. base in Iraq for what I can eat. Everything is geared towards cooked foods. I eat ALOT of fruit. Melon, banana, oranges, tangerines, celery, carrots, pineapple, pear, apples, kiwi, grapes; ordered a bunch of stuff online- almonds, cashews, pistachios, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cracker things, almond bars, different sprouted cereals, a raw chocolate bar. I also have a fresh life sprouter, I have been sprouting for about 3 weeks now. I like the larger sprouts best, like the mixed bean sprouts. I also just started a program, the hundred pushup program. I just finished week one, and supposed to start week 2 today, but my arm is too sore. I recently got a resistance band set and started yoga also, not so good yet, but trying. I have bought a couple books, really like the Sunfood Diet Success System by David Wolfe so far. Is pretty encompassing as far as health is concerned, more than just diet, takes alot of things into account. Well, wanted to say hello, and does anyone have suggestions for eating over here, or what to eat for a sore arm to help it heal? I went a little overboard on my last day of training, did the 100 pushup program last day of week one and went to town with my new resistance bands.

Comments

• I don't think I could give you any suggestions- it sounds like you are doing awesome. It's great that your are being so holistic and not ONLY focusing on the diet part (though it sounds like you have that down pretty good). I'm impressed that being stationed on a military base you can get so much raw. Good luck with your health journey, and stay safe:-)

Only thing for the muscles I can think of is ice.